Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Steelers Notebook: Big Ben, Cowher had problems

Bookmark and Share
    I'm troubled by this. What did Ben expect? That a coach who's been here as long as Cowher had, had had (lol@ the 3 hads) as much success as Cowher had, and had been to a SB before would move over for his rookie QB's ego? Cowher doesn't treat players differently, so it seems to me Ben expected it to be otherwise. From what we hear, Ben was also lazy. And he obviously didn't take Cowher's advice to wear his damn helmet, and look what happened? Ben, take your ego, shove it up your ***, and start doing the work you have to do to been an elite QB and get this team another championship. I mean, I'm a big Roethlisberger supporter, and I think he can be a truly great QB, but I don't like what I hear with this whole thing.

And see, the difference between this and Faneca, is that Faneca NEEDS A NEW CONTRACT. He has one year left. It's about damn time to start talking to him about an extension, whether it's likely or not. Faneca isn't skipping camp because he's all pissy about Tomlin, he's skipping camp because the Steelers aren't offering him an extension. Who wouldn't be pissed about that? Ben however, was a rookie who seemingly came in here with a huge ego and then got pissed when Cowher didn't care, or at least that's what it sounds like.
    Last edited by SteelerFan87; 04-21-2007 at 10:06 PM.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Last I checked he was at the Pro-Bowl last year, and a USA Today All-Pro. Ben is an above avg QB at best, this "feud" with Cowher is just another excuse. If he tanks again this year, is he going to blame it on Tomlin this time?
    dude, i never heard Big Ben say once that this was Cowhers fault. As a matter of fact, i always heard him say how he was underperforming.. the entire team, save parker, did not earn their salary last year. it was not just big ben.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Chatty
    In one aspect I do have to say that I agree with Cowher's dislike of Ben riding without his helmet..I'm sure he was furious when he heard that! See what happened to him??

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFan87 View Post
    I'm troubled by this. What did Ben expect? That a coach who's been here as long as Cowher had, had had (lol@ the 3 hads) as much success as Cowher had, and had been to a SB before would move over for his rookie QB's ego? Cowher doesn't treat players differently, so it seems to me Ben expected it to be otherwise. From what we hear, Ben was also lazy. And he obviously didn't take Cowher's advice to wear his damn helmet, and look what happened? Ben, take your ego, shove it up your ***, and start doing the work you have to do to been an elite QB and get this team another championship. I mean, I'm a big Roethlisberger supporter, and I think he can be a truly great QB, but I don't like what I hear with this whole thing.

And see, the difference between this and Faneca, is that Faneca NEEDS A NEW CONTRACT. He has one year left. It's about damn time to start talking to him about an extension, whether it's likely or not. Faneca isn't skipping camp because he's all pissy about Tomlin, he's skipping camp because the Steelers aren't offering him an extension. Who wouldn't be pissed about that? Ben however, was a rookie who seemingly came in here with a huge ego and then got pissed when Cowher didn't care, or at least that's what it sounds like.
    IMO That's the best Damned Post in the whole thread!!

Ben's statement really sounds arrogant if that's the way he was feeling back then and I think he's out-done himself with stupidity for even bringing it up now. I like Ben and hope he plays well but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he runs himself out of town with his stupid comments, some more questionable activities along with more mediocre quarterbacking.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtaingal View Post
    dude, i never heard Big Ben say once that this was Cowhers fault. As a matter of fact, i always heard him say how he was underperforming.. the entire team, save parker, did not earn their salary last year. it was not just big ben.
    Yeah but he always has some sort of excuse ready as to why HE is underperforming. Whether it's a 104 degree temp, broken toes, herpes.....wiat, he never used that one....or Cowher. He won't come out and say Cowher was why he had a rough time last year, but now we all think it.

Thread Information