Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Notebook: Big Ben, Cowher had problems

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator
    This really isn't new, there were statements last year that they didn't really get along real well.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Has anyone here even tried to put themselves in Faneca's shoes? You work at a job, and a buddy of yours, a good buddy, is up for promotion the be the head guy. He is reportedly told the job is his, only to have some other guy come out of nowhere to take the job. To top it all off, your buddy doesn't even work with you anymore. I'm sure all of you would be estatic, it's so easy for everyone here to bitch about Faneca (funny aren't you birching abotu his bitching?), but not one person has even thought to put themselves in his siuation. Yeah he gets paid millions of dollars to play a game, I know. Once again it's voluntary workouts, Ben obviously needed/needs to be there, Alan doesn't.

You are all making a big deal about Faneca, but this won't affect how he plays, he will still perform at a pro-bowl level. Ben couldn't do that, not only could he not do that, but when he ****ed up (05 AFCCG) he makes up injuries when he doesn't perform well.

I'm sure Alan is woking out and staying in shape, and he will be there in May, if not, then you all can bitch and moan. Until then I will just watch our hard-working QB participate in mini-camp, and then go back on the semi-celebrity tour and punish his liver for being a bad-boy.
    wow, you seem pretty pissed off at Big Ben. you seem to forget that it wasnt just Ben that sucked this past year, it was our o-line, and defense too. maybe faneca needs to be there just as much as big Ben
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    So basically what you all are saying is that it's ok that Ben obviously didn't like Cowher to the point where it affected his play, but it's not ok for Faneca to dislike (reportedly) Tomlin and it won't affect his play.

Hypocrites.
    When was ever brought up that Ben's let his play be effected since his relationship was rocky with Cowher? I didn't read that. The article just pointed out they had a rocky relationship. Not earth shattering really. Hell Bradshaw and Noll hated each other in the 70's.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    This is just soap opera bullcrap and I'm glad to see that both Cowher and Ben did'nt kiss each others ***.
    Not seeing eye to eye on a few things is healthy and normal.

Hell Bradshaw and Noll hated each other in the 70's.

[QUOTE=SteelerSal;99809]This is just soap opera bullcrap and I'm glad to see that both Cowher and Ben did'nt kiss each others ***.
    Not seeing eye to eye on a few things is healthy and normal.

I agree-------

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    I am not suprised at all by this. Cowher was not QB's best friend.

Don't know about that, he was stuck on Kordell for a long time.

I'm A "Champion"

You are all making a big deal about Faneca, but this won't affect how he plays, he will still perform at a pro-bowl level. Ben couldn't do that, not only could he not do that, but when he ****ed up (05 AFCCG) he makes up injuries when he doesn't perform well.

You are the one that brought Faneca into this subject....this is the first I have said about him in a while, because I'm pretty much sick of him. I have tried to put myself in his shoes....but first and foremost this is a business and you have to be able to move on and quite whining about it. Now I'm dropping this subject because there are enough Faneca threads...this one is supposed to be about Ben and Bill.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

At least their disagreements were minor and did not effect the team as a whole. I hope that Tomlin and Rothlisberger get along and that they can have as productive a relationsip as Cowher and Ben. I look forward to the team winning their 6th Lombardy

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As long as they can say at the end of the day that they were able to accomplish the goals of the team then that's all that really matters. Nobody is going to get along all the time so having some diverse opinions on how things should be done can be a good thing indeed.

Bill and Ben may not have always gotten along; Tomlin & Ben will have their problems too but overall as long as they work together and stay on the same page, they'll be fine.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtaingal View Post
    wow, you seem pretty pissed off at Big Ben. you seem to forget that it wasnt just Ben that sucked this past year, it was our o-line, and defense too. maybe faneca needs to be there just as much as big Ben
    Last I checked he was at the Pro-Bowl last year, and a USA Today All-Pro. Ben is an above avg QB at best, this "feud" with Cowher is just another excuse. If he tanks again this year, is he going to blame it on Tomlin this time?

Thread Information