27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes it's a very real possibility

20 74.07%
  • No, he wouldn't do that to his team

7 25.93%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would Faneca holdout?

Bookmark and Share
    I think he will play in order to get a better deal with a different team next year. He will have to play hard so that they can see what they are getting, he needs a banner year in order to get the big deal that he is looking for.

House of Steel
    makes sense to me. Stillers, I am not riding his hide, but he is acting like a bitch anymore complaining about Grimm not getting the job, he needs to get over it and start acting like a leader that he says he is. A LEADER WOULD SHOW UP AT MINICAMP VOLUNTARY OR NOT!!! WARD IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER, BEN IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER. You are going to keep calling me nuts everytime I criticize Faneca, huh? I just don't understand why you are so pent up with me anymore.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every player deals with this scenario a different way. Some will hold out come hell or high water, some will try to push the issue and make a statement before giving in, some will just say the hell with it and play out their deal and move on. Alan still has time to decide what he wants to do yet, it's only mid April. We all think he should be there but most of his teammates are ok with him not being there and that's really all that matters for now.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    makes sense to me. Stillers, I am not riding his hide, but he is acting like a bitch anymore complaining about Grimm not getting the job, he needs to get over it and start acting like a leader that he says he is. A LEADER WOULD SHOW UP AT MINICAMP VOLUNTARY OR NOT!!! WARD IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER, BEN IS THERE, HE IS A LEADER. You are going to keep calling me nuts everytime I criticize Faneca, huh? I just don't understand why you are so pent up with me anymore.
    Dude, are you having inner-monlogue while typing? I called you nuts once, as a joke.

Faneca knows as well as we do that the Steelers aren't going to make any kind of effort to keep him, so he isn't going to put too much effort into his season. He will show up when he has to, and he will mkae the Pro-Bowl again, for like the 20th straight year. Not every player can be like Bettis and take a lower amount of money to stay with us, Bettis is still making obsene amounts of money off of endorements and NBC, Faneca won't be doing either. This is pretty much his only chance to get paid, I don't blame him for being pissed about Grimm not getting hired, he has a right to be pissed, he's been here long enough.

He had another Pro-Bowl season last year, unlike Ben and Ward, so I think he can afford to skip voluntary work-outs. Ben has a lot more to prove than Faneca does.

House of Steel
    Good Points, Stillers, I still think as a leader, he should sent an example. I know we are going to beat the horse on this as long this happens. I am going to quit now. If he misses the mandatory, then we all know he has a deep issue that is going to cause a major distraction.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    Dude, are you having inner-monlogue while typing? I called you nuts once, as a joke.

Faneca knows as well as we do that the Steelers aren't going to make any kind of effort to keep him, so he isn't going to put too much effort into his season. He will show up when he has to, and he will mkae the Pro-Bowl again, for like the 20th straight year. Not every player can be like Bettis and take a lower amount of money to stay with us, Bettis is still making obsene amounts of money off of endorements and NBC, Faneca won't be doing either. This is pretty much his only chance to get paid, I don't blame him for being pissed about Grimm not getting hired, he has a right to be pissed, he's been here long enough.

He had another Pro-Bowl season last year, unlike Ben and Ward, so I think he can afford to skip voluntary work-outs. Ben has a lot more to prove than Faneca does.
    Faneca made the Pro-Bowl on his rep. Come on man don't use the Pro Bowl as a good example. Ray Lewis makes it every year and his play has been declining.

He see's al the big shucks going to his position & he wants his

Rumor has it on sirius,that it's a possibility that he may be traded to the cardinals I hope it's just a rumor & he retires a steeler

He's the stud of our o-line & we really need him

Tailgate Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    nvm, they said on nfl live, that he said he will not show up to voluntary workouts.........so he'll be there, but i wouldn't doubt he plays not to get hurt and still ****s everything up cause he's a bitch

I'd bench his *** in a heartbeat if that's the case. Think that'll hurt his chances a little for getting even a bigger contract.

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    I say we have Faneca pllay QB....even if he does hold out he can't have any worse of a season then Ben did last year....
    Because this conversation somehow has anything to do with Ben, right?

Get off of Faneca's jock, Stillers. He was a great player for the Steelers, but he has **** on this team ever since Ben was named starter. He can take his bitching about quarterback, coaching, and contract moves to Arizona for all I care.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC View Post
    Because this conversation somehow has anything to do with Ben, right?

Get off of Faneca's jock, Stillers. He was a great player for the Steelers, but he has **** on this team ever since Ben was named starter. He can take his bitching about quarterback, coaching, and contract moves to Arizona for all I care.
    Oh ok...since you told me to get off of his jock, I guess I should. He is only the best player on our team. He isn't bitching about anything unusual. He deserves to at least have the Rooney's sit down withhim and talk about the contract.

And lighten up, the Ben thing was a joke, wtf is up with everyone being wound so tightly around here lately?

And please explain to me how he has "****" on the team since Ben was a starter. Saying he wasn't excited about a rookie QB? What an *******!! How dare he!! Saying he wanted his boy Grimm to be the coach, and not Tomlin? What a ****sucker!!! That son of a bitch!! Bitching about his contract? OMG what a terrible piece of ****, hey, didn't Hines hold out, a year before his contract was up? It's ok though, he's Hines.
    Last edited by TEEMONT; 04-22-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Information