Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Faneca may not be in mini camp

Bookmark and Share
    Steelers' Faneca boycotts voluntary minicamp
    Friday, April 20, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Guard Alan Faneca boycotted the first day of Steelers minicamp today and is not expected to participate in any of the practices under new coach Mike Tomlin this weekend.

This first minicamp is voluntary but the next one May 11-13 is mandatory.

Faneca is unhappy with his contract, according to several of his teammates. Faneca has one year left on his deal and also is not happy with the lack of negotiations on an extension.

Also missing from today's practice sessions were safety Troy Polamalu and linebacker Clark Haggans for personal reasons.

The Steelers practice twice today, twice Saturday and once on Sunday.
    Post-Gazette

My bad Stillers#1, I thought the May workouts were voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillers#1 View Post
    It doesn't matter if Faneca shows up for voluntary wok outs, he is still going to be an all pro....thats all that matters to me.
    Hopefully for another team.

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    WOW first of all ... we really don't need that many picks. Second stop putting faneca down becuase he's still soaking up what is the rest of his vacation. I dont know who went to the optional practice but i dont think ben or ward did does that me there a bitch and want to get traded. NOOOOO. Faneca is the best guard in the NFL and he doesn't need to optinally practice then doesn't have to give him a break, yes his best friend maddox was replaced, His role mode/father is gone, the guy that was like his brother went to the dolphins OBVIOUSLY your not going to come into an optional workout with a huge smile on your face. Dont get me wrong I hate it more than anthing when players want more money it basically ruined baseball for me I would play every game for the love of the game not the money when you have a 2 million dollar mansion and all you ever want why would you want more money. BUT FANECA NEVER SAID HE WANTS OUT OR MORE MONEY. so get your head out of your *** and give Faneca a chance to tell you what he's thinking. Him and Tomlin will talk and everything we be settled. if he wants to leave then fine good riddons but stop judging him because your pissed off about your life and you need to lash it out on somebody. AND THE CARDNALS WOULDN'T TRADE FOR FANECA BECAUSE IF THEY KNOW HE WANTS TO LEAVE THEY'LL PICK HIM UP NEXT YEAR. DDDUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH. now place a knife (kitchen, butcher, nothing smaller that a swiss army knife)in the middle of your living room and close your eyes lean forward and let gravity do the rest.

That sounds like a threat to me, pal. You want to edit that before you get the boot or the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct???

Faneca being very unhappy about his contract and the talks for an extension,
    Well that speaks volumes. I wonder what the threatening knife guy want to say about this one. Got a change of views now?

I did know that. but i still stand by my opinion

and no i was not making a treat to anyone just giving some advice to people that bash Faneca for no apparent reason, untill they have a reason to then they can bash away if it makes them feel better.

and his agent talked for faneca because he wanted faneca to get more money like all the agents do so no my view is still rock solid

House of Steel
    I did know that. but i still stand by my opinion

and no i was not making a treat to anyone just giving some advice to people that bash Faneca for no apparent reason, untill they have a reason to then they can bash away if it makes them feel better.

that is no sound advice if you ask people in this room, that is a threat. Faneca is getting old, yes, he still has a few good years left in him, but he is on the decline. It is time to build for the future to get younger and faster. My point is, WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT FANECA?

I GIVE A SHITE ABOUT FANECA. hes our best lineman IMO. if he leaves then i might agree with you but for now he has done nothing to make think he wants to leave (even though the no optional practice is a little sketchy). and I DID NOT say im going to make you fall on a knife. i just told him that he should, if i told some to kill themselfs doesn't mean im treating them. and anyways i never say i wanted whoever to fall on the knife to die on impact i did'nt even say i wanted them to get hurt just what happens hapens.

House of Steel
    I GIVE A SHITE ABOUT FANECA. hes our best lineman IMO. if he leaves then i might agree with you but for now he has done nothing to make think he wants to leave (even though the no optional practice is a little sketchy). and I DID NOT say im going to make you fall on a knife. i just told him that he should, if i told some to kill themselfs doesn't mean im treating them. and anyways i never say i wanted whoever to fall on the knife to die on impact i did'nt even say i wanted them to get hurt just what happens hapens.
    I could care less, but the point of the matter is you said what you did and people are going to think of it as a threat. Also, you mention for someone to put the knife in the middle of a floor, shut your eyes, and let gravity do the rest. Now, preytell, how would you view that if someone told you that??? I would start having the walk on eggshell approach to posting now. That was a not cool thing to do. I DON'T GIVE A **** FOR FANECA RIGHT NOW cause we have a lot more talent that could plug that hole in. FANECA IS GETTING OLD, he is 31 if I am not mistaken, that is up there in age. It is time to get youth involved in this team. Players are going to come and go.
    Last edited by House of Steel; 04-20-2007 at 05:04 PM.

i never wanted someone to be itimetaded to post, thats not at all the message i was trying to send at all. you know i just wanted you know a nice little knife falling is all. but i do apologize if i did affend anybody

House of Steel
    It is cool, but you know lay off the weapons talks. You know we live in a society now where you say those words and it does induce panic. Call me nuts, but it is the darn truth, ask the law that one.

Thread Information