Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Posluszny for #1 pick?

Bookmark and Share

Paul Posluszny for #1 pick?

What does everyone think of Posluszny for our first round pick? I haven't heard that the Steelers are interested but I think he'd be a perfect fit and he'd fill a void at OLB depth.He twice won the Bednarik award for the nations top defensive player and he won the Butkus award for the nations best LB. Jack Ham (one of the best LB's ever!) said he was the best LB to ever play at Penn State. Plus, he has a great off-season workout program and an excellent work ethic.

I think we need to draft an OLB for our first pick. I haven't really seen him in action much, but from what I've read he seems perfect for the Steelers. I'd like to hear everyones pros and cons.

Sig by BR7

hes hardly perfect for us other than hes a tough player, he would be a good MLB for us, but hes better suited as a weakside lb in a 4-3....i would love to have him, but we have bigger needs. the only way i would draft him in the forst is if we traded our 15th for the pats 2 late first rounders

Rookie Free Agent
    I would love to have him , before his injury he was tackling crazy, But I would shy away from him for the 15th pick , when he moved to the middle last year and had the knee brace he wasnt even close to what he was like when the Nittony Lions made the Orange Bowl run.

Ok, so it doesn't seem as though you guys think he's not as good as I thought. Like I said I was mostly going off what I read about him.

So the new question is who do you think will be the best available LB at #15? And, do you think that's the direction we will/should go?
    Last edited by RckyMtnStlrFan; 04-20-2007 at 01:34 PM.

Sig by BR7

House of Steel
    I don't think we should even consider Pols. I would be better off picking up a pass rusher, Anthony Spencer or Amobi Okoye (I found out Okoye is born on the same day I was, that is freaky)

Poz is a heck of a player... but he doesn't have the pass rush ability off the edge that we need. He would be better off in the middle in the 3-4 and outside in a 4-3. Don't get me wrong... I'd be very happy if they drafted him.

yeah I think he would be great at any LB in our 3-4 I'd want him to move to middle and Farrior to go to rolb . wow thats would be so nice. but a pass rusher is smarter and a pick we should get. I just dont want Poz to go to the Patssies and I dont want Brian Leanord to go to the Giants. but when Farrior leaves i hope there another Poz in the draft for us.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-20-2007 at 03:30 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The dude is a hell of a player, he's as tough as they come, I just think he fits the needs we have to justify a 1st round pick on him.

Still ... a part of me wants us to draft him

POKER LEGEND
    Great player but like someone already stated we need a pass rusher he would fit well in a 4-3 or even move to middle lb he kinda reminds me of urlacher

Thread Information