Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Johnson among those admitting marijuana use

Bookmark and Share
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar

Report: Johnson among those admitting marijuana use

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2842833
    Three players widely regarded as top-10 picks in the NFL draft, including Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson, have admitted to previously using marijuana, Pro Football Weekly reported.

Johnson, Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams and Louisville defensive tackle Amobi Okoye admitted using the drug, according to multiple sources who have watched the interviews, the publication reported. The admissions were made during standard interviews at the NFL Scouting Combine, which are taken by every player and shared by all 32 teams for review.

Would an admission of previous marijuana use make you less interested in a draft prospect with no other known character issues?
    Yes
    No

Johnson is being considered by the Oakland Raiders for the first overall pick in the draft.

While some teams could see marijuana use as troubling, others might view the players' admissions of prior use as a sign of maturity, particularly since players are encouraged to be honest in the interviews.

But the NFL's new player conduct policy, along with its hardline suspensions of the Cincinnati Bengals' Chris Henry for eight games and the Tennessee Titans' Adam "Pacman" Jones for an entire season, could cause teams to put even more emphasis on character, now that the league has made clear it will deal with off-the-field misbehavior harshly.

"[NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell] is going to be all over any team that drafts players with borderline character," an unidentified team official said, according to Pro Football Weekly. "You are not going to see a draft like, for instance, Cincinnati's [in 2006], where they took four criminals in one draft, because the owners are going to start getting fined."

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it's just weed, nothing bad, i think it's gay that weed is illegal............i don't see how it's worse then beer
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    it's just weed, nothing bad, i think it's gay that weed is illegal............i don't see how it's worse then beer
    I'm so with you on this Koopa. As a former smoker myself I agree its no worse then getting drunk. Hell I drive a car better high then drunk. I had to stop smoking weed thanks to my job. I get drug tested at work. I know there is ways around that but I don't take the chance.

I miss smoking the Blueberry Yum-Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your lighters, roll that sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House of Steel
    LOL. I never done weed, but been very tempted. I agree, weed needs to be legalize for goodness sakes, not only medically but pleasure wise.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    puff puff pass

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If they did it in their past and it's not an issue now with them, it's no biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If they did it in their past and it's not an issue now with them, it's no biggie.
    Good thing the teams are not ran by woman because they would never forgive these guys for something they did in the past

we have had players who had serious drug problems in the past and you can tell it in their play. If they smoke it due to stress, they are about to find out what stress is all about, will they pick it back up and get caught? I dont think we can take a chance on someone who has any kind or character problem

House of Steel
    AMEN, CHRIS!!!!

At Least they came clean. Unlike some people! *Cough* Ricky Williams *Cough**Cough*

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information