Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland/Pitt Rivalry

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724
    When I went to middle school near Youngstown, we had pretty much half Steelers fans half Browns fans. It used to be pretty crazy during game weeks. It did suck though when the Browns moved, everyone was kinda sad.

I don't think I would ever wish bodily harm on any other teams fans though. "Pouring" ice (how do you pour ice, it's already frozen, unless it was cubes) on the floor in front of someone to make them fall is kind of a dick move.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    You just love to rock my *** don't you, Stillers, are you trying to get me to argue with you??? It isn't going to work. By the way, don't sit there and tell me you never pull pranks as dumb as that one.
    I pull pranks, but mine are cheeky and fun, yours are just cruel. And if I wanted to argu with you, I would have taken that other thread further.

Deb check out this link it might explain it a bit:

Steelers/Browns Rivalry

BuFu

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    They gotta beat us a few times for the rivalry to refresh it's bitterness.
    Dont count on that!

Tailgate Coordinator
    Not sure what the deal is, I was born to hate the Browns.

I'm A "Champion"

House of Steel
    When your family is full of losers rooting for losers, you get the idea of not cheering on the losers. I've made my decision when I was 10 years of age. 23rd Season for me coming up and damn proud of bleeding Black and Gold.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I'm with the ones who feel it's two easy wins a year, and I just kinda feel sorry for people who stick with their team year in and year out with never any kind of reward. But of course, if the Browns ever DID start winning, their fans would go from being pitiful to flat out unbearable.

I know this because my husband and youngest son are Browns fans (which is why I have to overlook HoS's blanket statements about Browns fans ) lol
    Hubby and son are truly wonderful guys--just very misguided--but oh are they both ever ready for a winning season!

I will tell you this though...I wasn't "into" football back when the Browns consistenly handed us our behinds. So I've never known anything but winnin against them every single time.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 04-25-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    For me I don't like the Browns because I have a little Browns/Steelers home rivalry.....but as a whole....I don't really care much about the Browns. Like someone said, it's 2 easy wins a year. However, I livec in Bungal land and I can't stand their fans. It's a team when 90% of the fans don't know football, or how to win. They are also the most fair weather fans I have ever seen in my life! I said 90% because there are a few true ones out there that aren't completely ignorant about it!
    Hey now... a few of us are entertaining at the very least...

Seriously, there's no real rivalry in the AFCN... after all, the division is still technically an infant in NFL terms. The Bengals / Steelers have only been competitive at the same time for 2 years now. The Steelers owned the 70's. The Bengals had a great stretch in the 80's while the Steelers picked back up in the 90's. 5 games doesn't really justify a rivalry in "real" terms. Ever since the Browns started playing in Baltimore, that "rivalry" died. And the expansion team in Cleveland is more concerned about the color of their seats.

House of Steel
    I just love that picture. That is a classic.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8N8 View Post
    Hey now... a few of us are entertaining at the very least...

Seriously, there's no real rivalry in the AFCN... after all, the division is still technically an infant in NFL terms. The Bengals / Steelers have only been competitive at the same time for 2 years now. The Steelers owned the 70's. The Bengals had a great stretch in the 80's while the Steelers picked back up in the 90's. 5 games doesn't really justify a rivalry in "real" terms. Ever since the Browns started playing in Baltimore, that "rivalry" died. And the expansion team in Cleveland is more concerned about the color of their seats.
    You make good points and I can see where you're coming from with them. When we're talking a rivalry based on how intense the ones in the past were then no the ones today probably aren't on that level but the way the Steelers/Ratbirds are that is as much hatred between 2 teams as Ive seen in awhile. I know my hatred for the Ratbirds goes way more than just the NFL. That whole damn city could blow up for all I care !

The Bengals/Steelers has the making of something special if both teams remain competitive.

Thread Information