Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many receivers will Steelers keep??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

How many receivers will Steelers keep??

I think in the end they will end up keeping 7 guys because they have the luxury of only keeping 2 qbs. Plus with Hines hamstring injury not being completely healed your going to need to be as deep in that position as you can be going into the year. That's why I say Ward,Wilson,Nate,Holmes,Reid,Morgan and yes even Morey make the team to start the year. Morey will only play on special teams but he is a vital part of special teams and I think he needs to be on the roster. It also looks like at this point that the Steelers will stick with Duce and that Cedric Humes could be shown the door and John Kuhn could be kept in favor of Humes. What are your guys thoughts on the running back and receiver situation? How do you see it all playing out??

7 is almost to many in my book. I think Morgan or Morey may be given the pink slip and teh Steelers will keep 6. Plus I see the Steelers keeping 3 QB's becuase Ben had a case of the injury bug last year and Batch is infected permenatly with the bug, so the Steelers are going to need a third option.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think they will keep 5. Ward, Wilson, Washington, Holmes, and Reid.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Normally we carry 5 or 6..however this year with Hines' hamstring acting up I'd say we keep 6. Ward, Wilson, Reid, Holmes, Washington & either Morgan or Morey.

Morey is a ST demon and we don't normally run many 5 WR sets anyways so that still gives us an extra body to compensate for Hines. But Morgan is such a great kick off return man that its hard to let him go. We already have some ST guru's in Iwouma, and Kreidwalt so if there ever was a time for Morey to leave it'd be now and keep Morgan around for the return game and another decent veteran WR in the group.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-28-2006 at 05:25 PM.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Ward,Wilson,Wastingon,Holmes,Ried,Mays,morgan

The more I think about, I think Morgan will be reatined because he's a pretty good return guy on kick-offs and Morey will be the odd man out

My Mood
    Clowns
    There is no way they are going to start the year with Jacobs or Boyd on the active roster. Both have been and looked absolutely horrific in my opinion. You sign one to the practice squad and god forbid if you need to bring one up to the active roster you do so then. But by no means do you start the year by wasting a roster spot with Boyd or Jacobs. Especially when you have the Hines Ward hamstring injury there to start the year. The Steelers are going to need as much depth as possible at that position to start the year. I really do believe that they will keep 7. Morgan and Morey will make the team. Morey will only be used on special teams, while Morgan will be utilized more in the 3rd down receiving package and also see some good time on special teams. They just cant afford right now I think to cut a guy like Quincy Morgan.

You're right... Boyd and Jocabs aren't worth the roster spot but what will the Steelers do if Ben gets hurt and Batch breaks his hand scoring a TD again? Who will the Steelers turn to then? Right now I would say Boyd has the upper hand only becaue he's been under the system longer.

My Mood
    Clowns
    If Ben and Batch both go down you can pretty much kiss this season goodbye is what you can do. I dont think this will happen 2 years in a row where the Steelers will have this many injuries at the QB position. I expect Ben to stay healthy if not all of for sure most of the year. Batch is a guy who can hold down the fort for a good 2-3 games if need be. The bottom line is with the Steelers they will go as far as Ben Roethlisberger takes them. If the Steelers have to depend on Batch or anybody else to lead them the rest of the way this season then the season is over. To hear guys like Tunch Ilkin come on tv and say that he thinks the Steelers can still go the Super Bowl if Charlie Batch is there QB if Ben should go down this year is a moronic statement. If Tunch really believes that then he needs to go have his head examined. The Steelers go as far as Ben takes them no ifs,ands,or buts about it.

Ward,Wilson,Washington, Holmes, Reid, and maybe Morgan, so, about 5.

Thread Information