Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush up and running

Bookmark and Share

Bush up and running

Article
    Michael Bush is up and running, his broken right leg nearly fully healed just in time for the NFL draft.

The former Louisville running back this week took part in his first full workout since he was hurt in September, and also received a thumbs-up prognosis from James Andrews, an Alabama-based orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.

"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote in a letter dated Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press. "I would estimate that Michael Bush will pick up in the NFL where he left off in college, and should be a top-ranked running back taken in the 2007 NFL Draft."

The letter was released by Bush's agent, Todd France, who said he is forwarding Andrews' letter, Bush's most recent X-rays and a DVD from his client's workout to all 32 NFL teams. The workout was held at Louisville on Monday and filmed by school officials, France said.

The agent hopes the updated information will clear up any doubts about Bush's status going into the draft on April 28-29.

"It's great news," said France. "It's huge. My thing was I wanted to take away any negative perceptions in people's minds where his health status is because he couldn't work out at the combine. Well, guess what, look at him now."

The highly regarded Bush broke his leg in Louisville's season-opener against Kentucky in September. He was coming off a junior season in which he ran for 1,143 yards and an NCAA-leading 23 touchdowns.

Bush applied for a medical redshirt in case he decided to come back to school, but instead opted to enter the draft.

The injury has led Bush's stock to fall in numerous draft projections, which peg him as a second- or third-round pick at best - and well behind Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson and California's Marshawn Lynch.

Before being hurt, the 6-foot-1, 251-pound Bush was noted for running with both power and speed, while also being a capable receiver. He actually came to Louisville as a quarterback.

His recovery comes about a month after Bush had a second operation during which a new rod was inserted into his leg after the bone didn't heal quickly enough from the initial surgery.

"It is remarkable how quickly this has improved," Andrews wrote. "It certainly looks much better than it did some weeks ago."

Andrews said he also was impressed after viewing the workout, noting Bush took part in 100-yard runs, multiple ladder drills, jumped rope and did 225-pound squats.
    he needs to be a steeler

House of Steel
    I figured this would happen and yes, HE IS A STEELERS DREAM!!!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Wow!! He just had another rod put in his leg less then a month ago.

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/...ead.php?t=5028
    Quick healer......I hope he just gets stronger and we pick his ***.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

POKER LEGEND
    Sure would be nice to have him

House of Steel
    Boy, I want him badly now. K-Train, Thank you so much for that article, that has me pumped and hoping for him.

Nice! I hope we could draft him.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Lol, funny most of the people on this forum were trying to throw this guy under the bus a couple weeks ago... Train and I were among the FEW who said we need to chance it and draft this guy!!! Its still a bit of a risk but its a gamble i'd def be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on... if he lasts that long!!!

wait, is the rod still in his leg or what?

House of Steel
    I didn't throw him under the bus, XL, I wanted the guy regardless cause eventhough it was a gamble, I knew it would pay off, my guts reactions.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Lol, funny most of the people on this forum were trying to throw this guy under the bus a couple weeks ago... Train and I were among the FEW who said we need to chance it and draft this guy!!! Its still a bit of a risk but its a gamble i'd def be willing to spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on... if he lasts that long!!!
    I wasn't throwing Bush under the bus. In fact I would love nothing mofe then Bush being drafted by the Steelers. Last year when alot of Steelers fans were screaming for LenDale White, I said hell no and draft Holmes. My reason was the fact of Michael Bush being in this draft and I really liked Santonio Holmes.

Yes the leg injuries concern me but if he is cleared I say 2nd pound draft Bush. Parker and Bush will tear things up for years.

Thread Information