Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where will Deion Branch end up???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Where will Deion Branch end up???

Im only asking this cause I just drated him in my most important fantasy league yesterday and got him in the 13th round. My question to all of you is where do you think he will end up by the end of the week or this weekend or by opening day. Im hearing he is either going to go to Philly,Minnesota,Denver or Seattle if he doesnt resign with the Pats. Personally I hope he does leave the Pats because everytime he has faced the Steelers on there he has been virtually impossible to defend. But where do you guys think he will end up here by weeks end before the September 1st deadline the Pats gave him??

Good question! It's really hard to say where he could end up, when you look a the teams across the NFL a lot of the contender teams are set at the WR spot and most are already strapped with their salary caps. Maybe KC, they don't really have a receiver who is a threat, GB and even the Vikings since they recently released Robinson... not sure though it's anyones guess at this time.

I know the Steelers aren't going after Branch! I would find that highly unlikely at this time, plus his salary requirements wouldn't fit into the Steelers budget.

BTW... Welcome to SA!
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 08-28-2006 at 03:15 PM.

I really don't care...andI couldn't tell you anyways.

House of Steel
    Profootballtalk.com rumored the Steelers was talking about doing a trade for Deion Branch. Supposely, the rumor states that the Front Office and Coaching Staff are very unhappy with our current receiving corps. GOOD GRIEF!!

New England, the rippers, want two first rounders for Branch. YEAH RIGHT!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Where do they come up with these rumors!.....lol I suppose it could happen but I doubt it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Branch is coming to Pittsburgh in a 3 player deal with Terrel Owens and Chad Johnson

My Mood
    Addicted
    TO and CJ going to the Pats?......lol That would be quite a site.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan
    TO and CJ going to the Pats?......lol That would be quite a site.
    Actually, they could work well toghether. I mean who knows...I'm sure after a while the Pats would be no more, but Chad and T.O. are both good receivers, but with terrible reputaition.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The pats need alittle controversy to stir things up..the Brady bunch is just too happy so they need alittle TO & Chad to

Exclamation

Branch coming to the Steelers was actually something being talked about... supposably? The source if from a rumormill, http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm, I'm not a big fan of the site because it's mainly rumors, but sometimes they do have some pretty good information that turns out to be true...

Quote Originally Posted by www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    STEELERS HAVE TALKED ABOUT TRADING FOR BRANCH

It's highly unlikely that any team will swing a trade for receiver Deion Branch by September 1, since any potential suitor would have to work out a contract with the player and a compensation package with his current team during the same week in which the rosters are cut initially to 75 and then, on September 3, to 53.

Nevertheless, a league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers previously have had internal discussions regarding the possibility of trading for Branch.

The source tells us, however, that a trade is a long shot, given the tight time frame in which everything would have to come together.

The team's interest in Branch indicates that the Steelers aren't completely happy with a receiving corps that features a hamstring-challenged Hines Ward, Cedrick Wilson, Quincy Morgan, and rookies Santurdio and Willie Reid. The Steelers have lost a starting receiver in each of the past two years to free agency -- Plaxico Burress to the Giants, and Antwaan Randle El to the Redskins.

Thread Information