Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers sign backup DE Eason, look at 2 likely first-rounders

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He's going to be our next probowler, you wait and see !! You heard it here first!

great......

I think its a good signing, never a bad thing to bring in a vet or two on the cheap with something to prove. Whats the worst that happens, we can just cut him and it wont affect us almost at all
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Fine
    There were some guys that the Broncos got from the Browns--they've made quite a statement at the Broncos, not so much with the Browns, and that could be said for a lot of players a lot of places.

I've always felt it's not the player himself necessarily, but all the people around him, the atmosphere, the coaching, etc. He just might end up shining here If not, (as Stlrs said) he could at least help with the camps.

This is an interesting story on him...and I noticed in this one and another one on NFL.com that he's listed as a DT--not a DE....

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...=71&fr=hp-pvdt
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 04-18-2007 at 02:36 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Three days into camp, Eason left without notifying the team, but returned three days later. A council of 10 veteran players voted to completely forgive him, allowing him to return to practice without as much as a fine.
    Well that makes me as a fan, question him some, the fact that he left and didn't tell anyone.

Steelers sign backup DE Eason, look at 2 likely first-rounders

Steelers sign backup DE Eason, look at 2 likely first-rounders
    Wednesday, April 18, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers signed one free-agent defensive end yesterday and entertained two others as college draft prospects.

Nick Eason, an unrestricted free agent from the Cleveland Browns, signed a one-year contract.

Eason was a backup the past two seasons with the Browns and played in 28 games. He had a career-high 23 tackles last season.

The Denver Broncos drafted Eason (6 feet 3, 305 pounds) in the fourth round in 2003 from Clemson. He spent that season on injured reserve and was waived by the Broncos in 2004. He spent part of 2005 on the practice squads of Denver and Cleveland before the Browns signed him to their roster for the final five games.

Eason will compete to replace veteran backup defensive end Rodney Bailey, who signed last week as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals.

In the meantime, the Steelers took a closer look at two potential first-round draft choices at the same position, plus a possible sleeper at wide receiver.

Adam Carriker, a 6-6, 296-pound defensive end from Nebraska, and 19-year-old senior Amobi Okoye, a 6-2, 302-pound defensive tackle from Louisville, paid the Steelers a visit. Both are considered mid-first round draft choices. The Steelers pick 15th in the first round of the April 28-29 draft.

Wide receiver Jacoby Jones (6-2 1/2, 210) of Lane College in Tennessee also visited the Steelers at their UPMC facility.

NFL teams have until Friday to entertain up to 30 college prospects.
    Post-Gazette

Thread Information