Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wilson's 1st round draft board

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Ryan Wilson's 1st round draft board

Would love to post the entire article but I've been told I can't do that with articles from paysites. Anyway, Ryan Wilson is a sportswriter for SteelCityInsider.com and these are the guys that he believes sit on the Steelers 1st round draft board. According to him he believes the Steelers choices to be in the order that I give them to you and they only move down this list if the guys ahead of them are gone. Here it is.

1. Patrick Willis/ILB/Mississippi (loves his speed, believes he's a future stud)
    2. Adam Carricker/DE/Nebraska (loves the versatility he gives our defense)
    3. Jon Beason/OLB/Miami (next best LB after Willis is off the board)
    4. Levi Brown/OT/Penn State (If the other 3 guys are gone, can't pass this guy)

I like this list and would be happy with any of these picks in the first round including the Brown pick if the other 3 are already gone. We can still land someone like a Woodley in round 2 or maybe even Spencer at pick 46.

I know that a lot of people might scream if they took Willis because we are thinner at OLB. This pick would be with Farrior's eventual replacement in mind and Willis is a beast who ran a 4.37 that's really fast for a linebacker.

Remember, these are Ryan Wilson's thoughts and I am sharing them with you. Don't shoot the messenger.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thank you for sharing this information. I would welcome any of these people as well, I think that we will do good in the draft and through this next year
    Last edited by okiesteeler; 04-15-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

eh, ive read alot on willis and he could easily switch to OLB, he ran a 4.37. I would be really happy with him...happy, that is something i wont be if we draft carrkier.

Is beason better than timmons? ive heard mixed reports

If you were 100% sure we could get Spencer in the 2cd round how would you feel if we got Leon Hall in the first. I think that would be the best case senario but I don't know if its worth the risk, even though if someone took spencer then we would take woodley. Spencer falling to us could be a possiblity.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-15-2007 at 08:14 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wouldn't mind Willis at all. Plus I like this Antwan Barnes kid. Both Willis and Barnes would give the Steelers some young LB's with some serious speed and hitting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    If you were 100% sure we could get Spencer in the 2cd round how would you feel if we got Leon Hall in the first. I think that would be the best case senario but I don't know if its worth the risk, even though if someone took spencer then we would take woodley. Spencer falling to us could be a possiblity.
    no way spencer will be there, and leon hall is a joke

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    no way spencer will be there, and leon hall is a joke

I would be SUPER disappointed with any CB pick in the first round regardless of who it is. Most Steeler fans would agree that we don't need better cover corners, we need more pressure on the QB's. You could put HOF secondary players back there and if you don't get pressure on the QB those guys will look bad too.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Steelers.com poll shows that Steeler fans (or those voting) think we need a CB

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    Steelers.com poll shows that Steeler fans (or those voting) think we need a CB
    A corner in later rounds would be okay. Since most if not all the pass rush from our 3-4 defense is expected to come from our linebackers and we just lost the player who did that the best (Porter). A player that could help us pressure QB's should be the top priority IMO. Think about our playoff run through the Super Bowl and the ferocious pass rush that enabled us to even rattle Peyton Manning. Who were our corners then? We didn't see that kind of pressure last year and subsequently our secondary was getting shredded. If a corner gives you 5-6 seconds of solid coverage then he did his job. Nobody can stick with a guy for 10-12 seconds.

frequent steeler.com visitors arent hardcore fans, they just saw taylor get thrashed last year so they call for his head....we know its about the pass rush

Thread Information