Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ImageShack Uploader installed

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

ImageShack Uploader installed

A new feature has been installed on SA for everyone to use, check it out.

All of us enjoy posting up pictures into our threads periodically so in an effort to make things as convenient as possible we've installed a tool that you'll see whenever you reply to a thread or start a new thread.

You simply scroll down to the bottom of the page when you make a new post and you'll see the feature. Simply hit the "browse" button and find the image on your computer that you want to upload, then click on "host it" and a new window or browser tab will open up and the file will be autotmatically uploaded to www.imageshack.us and provide you with links to put the image right into your thread. You can then use IMG button (see screenshot below) shown in every post box when you make a post, to insert the "direct link to image" url that imageshack gives you, or you can use the "hotlink" for forums url they give you as well if you like.

Ive always been a big fan of imageshack, and have been using them for years. They are as reliable as it gets and very easy to use. Plus this also helps save space on the website itself by using a free hosting service like ImageShack to host your files.
    If anyone has any questions on how to use it, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 04-16-2007 at 04:45 PM.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    THey got Something like this on DFGFX but they use their own thing not imageshack

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There are various options you can use and implement, including your own forum software, but we choose imageshack because it's an external free hosting site, they're reliable, and it doesn't each up bandwidth or board space.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Oh!

*cough* Photobucket is better *Cough*

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I use photobucket as well, but for ease and convenience of just posting up a random pic for a thread; ya can't beat imageshack. No need to log in or even create an account if you don't want to. No limits on bandwidth either

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I got ??????? can we resize and can you add more than just 1 picture at a time? Does it work for Pagers and PM
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can't resize through this option we just installed, but you can if you go to www.imageshack.us . You can hotlink any image into pager, pm's or posts here on the site using Imageshack or any other hosting service.

Right now the mod only allows you to upload 1 pic at a time. If you go to the site itself and sign up for an account you can use the imageshack toolbar or get an account for free and upload mult images at a time.

Mainly this mod is just to help out when someone maybe wants to upload a random picture from the computer that's an average size for forums, like 600x400 or so. Just a nice feature to have around since I know I upload alot of stuff and especially during the season, alot of pictures that I download to my comp.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Nice addition!

this will be very helpful, thank you

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    It's a great feature, TG. Thanks!

Thread Information