Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Mel Kiper's latest 4 round mock draft

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #61
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post

    and ben coming out of college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> troy smith

    rivers coming out of college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> troy smith

    cutler coming out of college >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> troy smith
    i agree with all of this, same thing with leinart and young too, young was texas, texas lived or died based on his play...but all these guys were considered top prospects for a reason. Smith is not a top prospect and i acknoweldge that, BUT i dont think hes a worthless prospect...i think hes better than stanton and all those other no name guys shooting up the boards. Smiths got nothing on ben, rivers, cutler, leinart, young...but theres also a few QBs that Smith is way better than coming out of college

  2. #62
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i agree with all of this, same thing with leinart and young too, young was texas, texas lived or died based on his play...but all these guys were considered top prospects for a reason. Smith is not a top prospect and i acknoweldge that, BUT i dont think hes a worthless prospect...i think hes better than stanton and all those other no name guys shooting up the boards. Smiths got nothing on ben, rivers, cutler, leinart, young...but theres also a few QBs that Smith is way better than coming out of college
    and that sad thing that's not saying much, this is a crazy weak qb class, and smith isn't even considered by scouts to be better then the guys you say he is.....he will never make it in the nfl........which isn't a bad thing, a lot of players don't make it...............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

  3. #63
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,521
    i hear ya, but at the same time i'll beleive it when i see it...so i guess we agree to disagree and leave poor barbaro alone lol

  4. #64
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if you would read right you'd see i've given reason, i'm the one that's been saying he played in a conference where it made him look great.......

    and like i said in this thread, i watched him play a lot last year to see what the hype was, ppl were saying he's a vince young.........hell no he wasn't.......he played great, yeah sure, but he never played any top schools, and when he did, he couldn't even get double digit total yards...........he will never be anything in the nfl, just a great clip board holder i guess, but nothing other then that


    and if you read some of my other post in this thread, you would see i ****ing hate quinn, i even called him a fag.........so i don't get what you're getting at

    also, another reason i didn't bring up quinn is well, if you didn't notice, this thread had us picking troy smith, not brady quinn, so i saw no point in bringing him up.......... i think you might be having a DEE DEE DEE moment, so i guess i can forgive you for not reading everything and just running your mouth



    well, that's impossible, the steelers where a good all around team, but sucked *** at qb, ben came in at a good time.......same for cutler, they sucked *** at qb, but where good all around, so he got to look good

    i don't see any teams right now, that are contenders that need a qb to put them over the top........well one team, the dolphins, however, they need more then a qb, they need oline, and wr's.........

    so you can't really compare him to ben or cutler, cause there isn't a team this year that is in that situation.......
    LOL, ok man!!! I you were told numrous times about how NO QB's play consistanly hard schedule, except the SEC which is yearly the most talented confrence. After that is the Big Ten, OSU beat 2 number 2's on the way to the BCS CHAMPIONSHIP Texas and Michigan, along with other ranked teams. so that argument of yours is in valid. You said "scouts are looking for proto-typical QB's 6'2+" and you said that NONE of the top qbs in the NFL were Troys size. Again you were proven wrong weather you wanna admit it or not i dont care, your just lying to youself. We agree that Brady Quinn is overhyped, ok you had 1 good point, the only reason i brought him up is that he WILL be drafted in the top 10! 3rd off if you wanna try to insult me get your mind right, "DEE DEE DEE"!?!?!? A-D-D which no i dont have but thanks for the diagnosis!!!
    I guess i was expecting you to make a valid point instead of just being one-sided towards players you like and dont like. Maybe i gave you too much credit!!

  5. #65
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Koopa, i hear what your saying... smith wont be a 1st round draft pick. But to say that he wont be anything more tha glorified back up is obsurd. I think its rediculous he wont be drafted the 2nd or 3rd qb.

  6. #66
    SA's Bouncer
    DIESELMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Brandenburg, Ky.
    Posts
    7,492
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    Smith plays football in Ohio, where they dont even know what Real football is, and he WANTS to play for The brownstains, so it is obvious he does not understand football either, dont want a brownstain fan on my team
    That pretty much sums it up right there. I don't think we need a midget QB. Everyone is listing him at 6', I call bullshit on that. The cream rises to the top in college football, especially against top programs, against Fla. he was nowhere to be found. I'll take a pass on Smith, there are other QB's we could draft that have better physical tools (height and weight) to succeed in the NFL. You guys have listed a few midget QB's who have succeeded in the NFL but the list is very very short.


    If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!


    "Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

    "They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

  7. #67
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,521
    lol he measured 6-1 at the combine, they dont lie to us at the combine lol. Im not saying we need him, or that i want him, i think it would be a steal with a fourth round comp pick though.....lol, do you consider Batch a midget QB? lol

  8. #68
    The Absolute Truth Koopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, Texas
    Posts
    9,321
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    LOL, ok man!!! I you were told numrous times about how NO QB's play consistanly hard schedule, except the SEC which is yearly the most talented confrence. After that is the Big Ten, OSU beat 2 number 2's on the way to the BCS CHAMPIONSHIP Texas and Michigan, along with other ranked teams. so that argument of yours is in valid. You said "scouts are looking for proto-typical QB's 6'2+" and you said that NONE of the top qbs in the NFL were Troys size. Again you were proven wrong weather you wanna admit it or not i dont care, your just lying to youself. We agree that Brady Quinn is overhyped, ok you had 1 good point, the only reason i brought him up is that he WILL be drafted in the top 10! 3rd off if you wanna try to insult me get your mind right, "DEE DEE DEE"!?!?!? A-D-D which no i dont have but thanks for the diagnosis!!!
    I guess i was expecting you to make a valid point instead of just being one-sided towards players you like and dont like. Maybe i gave you too much credit!!

    now you are putting words in my mouth so to speak........i never once said anything about proto-typical qb's...........

    i never said he won't make it because of his height, height has nothing to do with being a good QB........so get your facts straight before you come to talk

    so again, when i say troy will be nothing more then a back up is because.....i'm speaking off what i've seen on the field.........and he never put OSU on his back and single handedly win games.......maybe against the **** teams, but you say he beat a number 2 texas team (which is my favorite college team btw) but yet you fail to realize a few things


    first- they were ranked 2 by default of being the national champions

    second- we had a freshman qb starting for us, it was his second game of his career, it was his first huge game

    third- we didn't have our secondary intact, Tarell Brown (our starting corner) was suspended

    michigan, well since they play in the same conference, they too equal overrated.......and still troy could barely beat them


    also, i called you a DEE DEE DEE, which is from a fellow half mexican carlos mencia, which has several meanings, and they way you keep getting ppls post wrongs and putting words in mouth, a DEE DEE DEE is a nice way of calling you a moron, no offense though......this thread got big pretty fast, and i guess i can see how you would confuse post with mine.......but don't let it happen again

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Koopa, i hear what your saying... smith wont be a 1st round draft pick. But to say that he wont be anything more tha glorified back up is obsurd. I think its rediculous he wont be drafted the 2nd or 3rd qb.

    look, this qb class is extremely weak.......none of these qb's in this draft will really make an impact on the league, maybe russell, but he's going to the raiders, so i doubt he ever accomplishes anything in the nfl
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers '74 Best Draft ever
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. Darnik44's FINAL 3 round mock draft w/ Steelers Trade
    By darnik44 in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 11:09 AM
  3. Finally! A mock that I like
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
  4. Mel Kipers initial mock draft
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •