Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mel Kiper's latest 4 round mock draft

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Mel Kiper's latest 4 round mock draft

Here is the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...mel&id=2833079

Surprisingly, I am not completely disgusted with his picks.

Here is what they are:

Rnd 1: Lawrence Timmons/OLB/FSU
    Rnd 2: Arron Sears/OL/Tennessee
    Rnd 3: Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina
    Rnd 4: Daniel Sepulveda/P/Baylor
    Rnd 4 Comp: Troy Smith/QB/Ohio State

The only pick that I really disagree with is the 3rd with Fred Bennett. I would rather that they take a running back with that pick. But if this is the way the first 4 rounds fell out I would not be too upset with these selections.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Rookie Free Agent
    I can deal with everything but taking Troy Smith , no need to waste a draft on position that is locked down with a solid starter and even though him a solid back up . Maybe a 6th or 7th then I wouldnt mind but 4 nahh I dont want them to do it

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    I can deal with everything but taking Troy Smith , no need to waste a draft on position that is locked down with a solid starter and even though him a solid back up . Maybe a 6th or 7th then I wouldnt mind but 4 nahh I dont want them to do it
    Although Ben might be our franchise QB and might be around for another 10 or more years, Charlie Batch is not quite as young and there is nobody of significance behind Batch. They do need to groom someone to eventually replace Batch when he decides to move on. Brian St. Pierre and Omar Jacobs just don't do it for me. Smith does have some skills whether you like him or not.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    The only pick that I really disagree with is the 3rd with Fred Bennett. I would rather that they take a running back with that pick.
    I agree, according to Kipers draft that would make Tony Hunt, Lorenzo Booker and Brandon Jackson available. Bennett doesn't have great speed and some "experts" are saying he would fit in a Tampa2 defense, well there ya go, thats the reason Kiper made him our pick. There are others still on the board I would rather have then Bennett, including some more DE'S and LB's.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

other than bennett that is an AMAZING draft. Troy smith in the 4th....WOW, what a steal. i know alot of you hate him but hes gonna be good. He'll never live that NC game down but it wasnt all him. At least he was good enough to win year after year and take them to a NC. I think he'll be gone in the second. Hes gonna be good, if Mcnabb and brees had a child it would be troy smith.

I would like a RB/WR instead of bennett. Hunt or smith/gonzo preferably. Im happy with the first 2....and thrilled with the 4th...wow what a draft

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Rnd 1: Lawrence Timmons/OLB/FSU - cool
    Rnd 2: Arron Sears/OL/Tennessee - cool
    Rnd 3: Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina - No, we need a RB here
    Rnd 4: Daniel Sepulveda/P/Baylor - I can deal with this pick but not thrilled about it only because I hate the thought of taking a punter early on day 2
    Rnd 4 Comp: Troy Smith/QB/Ohio State - While I agree he could potentially be good, there's no way I want to spend a 4th rounder on a QB. As long as Charlie will keep playing as a backup, he's as capable as they come and we can always get a scrapper 3rd string QB if need be.

I wouldn't mind seeing us take a CB in the 4th round.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Do you think Troy Smith might switch to WR in the NFL? I think thats real possible.

Troy Smith in the fourth round???? Is he really projected to go that low?

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Do you think Troy Smith might switch to WR in the NFL? I think thats real possible.
    Not that i think he wouldnt be a decent wr like a randle el (no hines ward but a good QB turned 3rd wr) but that would be a major waste of talent... everybody looks at his last game... if you take out that game and '05 pennstate game this guys career was FANTASTIC... yeah it would have been better if he didnt have a dismal showing in the BCS game but this guy won some major games... who else in the silver and scarlet beat Michigan 3 years straight!?!? And its not like he was a run first QB, this guy has a arm to make ANY throw on the feild and elusiveness to avoid the rush. He can throw on the run, in the pocket and knows when to pull it donw and run with it. I'd like to see him get drafted by a team who plans to use him as a qb in the near future... and prove all the haters wrong, lol just like last year when eveyone said VY was gonna be a bust... from bust to OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Not that i think he wouldnt be a decent wr like a randle el (no hines ward but a good QB turned 3rd wr) but that would be a major waste of talent... everybody looks at his last game... if you take out that game and '05 pennstate game this guys career was FANTASTIC... yeah it would have been better if he didnt have a dismal showing in the BCS game but this guy won some major games... who else in the silver and scarlet beat Michigan 3 years straight!?!? And its not like he was a run first QB, this guy has a arm to make ANY throw on the feild and elusiveness to avoid the rush. He can throw on the run, in the pocket and knows when to pull it donw and run with it. I'd like to see him get drafted by a team who plans to use him as a qb in the near future... and prove all the haters wrong, lol just like last year when eveyone said VY was gonna be a bust... from bust to OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR!!
    I was never really impressed with Troy Smith. I don't think he will be a very good starting NFL QB at all. True he tore it up in college but alot of great college QB's have failed in the NFL.

Thread Information