Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Ryan Wilson's 1st round draft board

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228
    1. Patrick Willis/ILB/Mississippi (loves his speed, believes he's a future stud)
    2. Adam Carricker/DE/Nebraska (loves the versatility he gives our defense)
    3. Jon Beason/OLB/Miami (next best LB after Willis is off the board)

    I agree with this line up. Even though im a poz fan I would not mind any of these guys. BUT the steelers could take revis because of Tomlins history of cover2. Leon Hall is good at everything but not great at anything that means BUST.

  2. #12
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,947
    OMG **** a corner and poz....not what we need at all, i break down in tears if we draft a corner, or carriker or poz at 15

    welcome to the site btw lol

  3. #13
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post


    I would be SUPER disappointed with any CB pick in the first round regardless of who it is. Most Steeler fans would agree that we don't need better cover corners, we need more pressure on the QB's. You could put HOF secondary players back there and if you don't get pressure on the QB those guys will look bad too.
    100 %

    Even average corners can play like superstars when you have a front 7 that gets after the QB all day long. Our pass rush has got to improve in a big way or it doesn't matter who's back there, we'll be toast because the corners can't hold their coverage forever.

  4. #14
    2nd String okiesteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    frequent steeler.com visitors arent hardcore fans, they just saw taylor get thrashed last year so they call for his head....we know its about the pass rush
    I am a HARDCORE fan and I go to Steelers.com daily and I vote in all of their polls.

  5. #15
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    No cb in the FIRST round Taylor and McFadden are fine we can add depth in the later rounds

  6. #16
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,947
    Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    I am a HARDCORE fan and I go to Steelers.com daily and I vote in all of their polls.
    yeah, but millions of people go there....ive voted in that poll too....its just when your everyday fan sees taylor get thrashed they see it as his fault, not the pass rush or cowhers fault. Most members here have a better understanding of the game than then someone who "likes" the steelers

  7. #17
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I go to Steelers.com almost everyday as well just to see what stories they have and just snoop around the site.

    One of the main reasons I don't post on their boards anymore besides the fact that the mods don't let you say anything without getting reprimanded , is that very reason that so many of them are bandwagon jumpers who think the first sign of trouble with a player means he needs replaced.

  8. #18
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I go to Steelers.com almost everyday as well just to see what stories they have and just snoop around the site.

    One of the main reasons I don't post on their boards anymore besides the fact that the mods don't let you say anything without getting reprimanded , is that very reason that so many of them are bandwagon jumpers who think the first sign of trouble with a player means he needs replaced.
    Thats the same reason i left the espn boards

  9. #19
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    OMG **** a corner and poz....not what we need at all, i break down in tears if we draft a corner, or carriker or poz at 15

    welcome to the site btw lol
    K Train I didnt say i would take Revis or Puz at num15 I said i am fans of there play. I could see us trading down picking up anouther 2nd and taking puz or revis. (That is if Willis and Carriker arnt there)

  10. #20
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,947
    if poz made it to the second....that would be amazing. But i think the bucs would get him in that case....gruden fell in love with him

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers '74 Best Draft ever
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 08:30 PM
  2. 08 AFC Team Draft Grades
    By NOVA STEELERS in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
  3. The Steelers’ strange ‘07 draft, and what it means for ‘08
    By Stlrs4Life in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 06:06 PM
  4. Finally! A mock that I like
    By BlackGold4vr in forum Steelers War Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
  5. Yahoo! AFC Draft Grades
    By Hburg in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •