Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Wilson's 1st round draft board

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    1. Patrick Willis/ILB/Mississippi (loves his speed, believes he's a future stud)
    2. Adam Carricker/DE/Nebraska (loves the versatility he gives our defense)
    3. Jon Beason/OLB/Miami (next best LB after Willis is off the board)

I agree with this line up. Even though im a poz fan I would not mind any of these guys. BUT the steelers could take revis because of Tomlins history of cover2. Leon Hall is good at everything but not great at anything that means BUST.

OMG **** a corner and poz....not what we need at all, i break down in tears if we draft a corner, or carriker or poz at 15

welcome to the site btw lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post

I would be SUPER disappointed with any CB pick in the first round regardless of who it is. Most Steeler fans would agree that we don't need better cover corners, we need more pressure on the QB's. You could put HOF secondary players back there and if you don't get pressure on the QB those guys will look bad too.
    100 %

Even average corners can play like superstars when you have a front 7 that gets after the QB all day long. Our pass rush has got to improve in a big way or it doesn't matter who's back there, we'll be toast because the corners can't hold their coverage forever.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    frequent steeler.com visitors arent hardcore fans, they just saw taylor get thrashed last year so they call for his head....we know its about the pass rush
    I am a HARDCORE fan and I go to Steelers.com daily and I vote in all of their polls.

POKER LEGEND
    No cb in the FIRST round Taylor and McFadden are fine we can add depth in the later rounds

Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    I am a HARDCORE fan and I go to Steelers.com daily and I vote in all of their polls.
    yeah, but millions of people go there....ive voted in that poll too....its just when your everyday fan sees taylor get thrashed they see it as his fault, not the pass rush or cowhers fault. Most members here have a better understanding of the game than then someone who "likes" the steelers

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I go to Steelers.com almost everyday as well just to see what stories they have and just snoop around the site.

One of the main reasons I don't post on their boards anymore besides the fact that the mods don't let you say anything without getting reprimanded , is that very reason that so many of them are bandwagon jumpers who think the first sign of trouble with a player means he needs replaced.

POKER LEGEND
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I go to Steelers.com almost everyday as well just to see what stories they have and just snoop around the site.

One of the main reasons I don't post on their boards anymore besides the fact that the mods don't let you say anything without getting reprimanded , is that very reason that so many of them are bandwagon jumpers who think the first sign of trouble with a player means he needs replaced.
    Thats the same reason i left the espn boards

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    OMG **** a corner and poz....not what we need at all, i break down in tears if we draft a corner, or carriker or poz at 15

welcome to the site btw lol
    K Train I didnt say i would take Revis or Puz at num15 I said i am fans of there play. I could see us trading down picking up anouther 2nd and taking puz or revis. (That is if Willis and Carriker arnt there)

if poz made it to the second....that would be amazing. But i think the bucs would get him in that case....gruden fell in love with him

Thread Information