Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackie battle

Bookmark and Share

Jackie battle

RB/FB tweener.....which is what jerome and davenport were

Terrific size and bulk...Timed speed is fantastic...Strong and powerful runner...Is tough to bring down and will break tackles...Has excellent balance...Pretty good vision and instincts...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Quite productive.

Dude is 6'2 235 lbs, 437 of his 441 Career rushes went for Pos. yardage. Not bad, only 4 times was he stopped behind the LOS.

oh yea, DUDE RUNS A 4.42!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    RB/FB tweener.....which is what jerome and davenport were

Terrific size and bulk...Timed speed is fantastic...Strong and powerful runner...Is tough to bring down and will break tackles...Has excellent balance...Pretty good vision and instincts...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Quite productive.

Dude is 6'2 235 lbs, 437 of his 441 Career rushes went for Pos. yardage. Not bad, only 4 times was he stopped behind the LOS.

oh yea, DUDE RUNS A 4.42!
    I like Jackie Battle and I mentioned him back in Jan. along with Chris Henry as some other RB's to keep an eye on in this draft. So I wouldn't be upset at all if Battle is drafted by the Steelers. I rather have Henry or Hunt but Battle might be a good option if both Henry and Hunt or gone.

Where do you think this guy will get drafted Train? Do you think he will be there in the 4th? He has flew up the draft boards of late.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd be tempted to take him in the 3rd, depending on how our 1st 2 picks go on Day 1.

With those stats and that resume, he's got all the tools to be gem on late day 1, early day 2 if he's still around.

If we don't draft a rb in the first 4 rounds then I have a strong feeling The Steelers will find another willie parker, mabye in the 6 or 7th round or even in free agency.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    If we don't draft a rb in the first 4 rounds then I have a strong feeling The Steelers will find another willie parker, mabye in the 6 or 7th round or even in free agency.
    I don't know if they will find another Fast Willie. You just can't find speed like that to often. But if they don't draft a RB within the first 4 rounds of this draft they better find another late round sleeper or undrafted FA. I'm not to thrilled with the depth at RB right now.

I like Fast Willie as the starter and he has proven to be a top five NFL RB. But I'm not a big Dookie guy. I think he can fill his role ok but I wouldn't want him as the main RB if Willie went down with serious injury. Plus Dookie just doesn't run as big as his frame suggest he should.

i think if they keep thinking of him as a FB he'll fall, the first 2 "FB" will be leonard and Mcclain.....who is a true FB, i would think Battle could be a possible 3rd, and if not were out of luck unless hes there in the 5th...because we all know who has our 4th rounder cemented lol

All I know about him is what I've read. I'm sure his name has been kicked around by the people in charge...

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think if they keep thinking of him as a FB he'll fall, the first 2 "FB" will be leonard and Mcclain.....who is a true FB, i would think Battle could be a possible 3rd, and if not were out of luck unless hes there in the 5th...because we all know who has our 4th rounder cemented lol
    Train we have two fourth rounders. So we still could get your guy and Battle.

Jackie Battle would be a great fit

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Train we have two fourth rounders. So we still could get your guy and Battle.
    that would be glorious lol

Thread Information