Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Besides myself

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Cards are basically going to be the Steelers of the West.

Both teams have new young head coaches
    Both teams have a star RB
    Both teams have a franchise, young, QB

The Cards have half our damn coaching staff so you can bet you'll see alot of the plays that Whiz liked to call with us, out there in Arizona land. Obviously we have more pieces of the puzzle in place than Arizona does but you can see the similarities none the less.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The Cards are basically going to be the Steelers of the West.

Both teams have new young head coaches
    Both teams have a star RB
    Both teams have a franchise, young, QB

The Cards have half our damn coaching staff so you can bet you'll see alot of the plays that Whiz liked to call with us, out there in Arizona land. Obviously we have more pieces of the puzzle in place than Arizona does but you can see the similarities none the less.
    That's where I think you're wrong because Whiz had alot of plays that Cowher didn't even want to hear so IMO, I look to see plays that should have been called here and would have if Rooney's would have decided to go that route.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    True, Im sure you'll see alot of stuff that Whiz probably wanted to incorporate in Pittsburgh but never did or could. I'd also bet if you watch some of their games you'll see some staples from our playbook used there as well

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    True, Im sure you'll see alot of stuff that Whiz probably wanted to incorporate in Pittsburgh but never did or could. I'd also bet if you watch some of their games you'll see some staples from our playbook used there as well
    Without a doubt but if he comes out looking good, only tells Colbert and Cowher that, they're *******s.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I am kind of forced to pay attention because it's all over the news. I'm actually getting sick of Whiz because his mug is all over the TV here in AZ. I personally am finding myself changing the channel when they talk about the Cardinals
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    no you are just like us guys from cleveland that have to hear all the BS about the clowns.
    Listenin to what you guys have to go through makes me SOOO glad I live where I do.

You'd think livin in Ohio, I'd have to put up with what Capt does--but where I live, it's ALLLLL Steelers ALLLLL the time We turn on the tube, we hear Steelers either on the news or Hines' own show. Drive to town, it's Steelers decals in backs of car windows. Walk into Wal Mart, and a Steelers jewelry and jersey display hits ya right away. Go out to eat, or heck--even to a doctors office, and you see Steelers colors and jerseys, banners, news clippings, etc up on the walls.

So that's why it doesn't seem strange at for me (being from Ohio) to be a Steelers fan. Since I never see or hear anything "Browns", it would seem much stranger to me to be a Browns fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    ... Although it was super embarassing for me that they beat the Steelers last year. I took flack for that game for the rest of the football season. It still hurts to think we lost to the team that is picking first this year.
    I don't think we'll ever live that down!

Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    That's where I think you're wrong because Whiz had alot of plays that Cowher didn't even want to hear so IMO, I look to see plays that should have been called here and would have if Rooney's would have decided to go that route.
    We're gonna find out right quick if the Rooney's made the right choice as far as coaches go. Had Whiz not been hired, it might've been harder to judge--but with one of our "possibles" gettin hired elsewhere, it'll be there out there for everyone to see which owners made the better decision.
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 04-15-2007 at 01:35 AM.

i have a feelin we will see alot of 3rd and 10 failed screens come out of AZ....thats whizs specialty lol

[QUOTE=Black@Gold Forever32;96316]Yes I do pay attention to the Cards and I will follow them this year. But since the Cards are in the NFC and Coach Whisenhunt is their HC the Cards will be the team I follow in the NFC. Now I didn't say I'm a Cards fan. Thats all I do on Sundays during football season is watch football.

I agree I like alot of teams & i am definetly pulling for our old OC
    to turn them around !

I like alot of teams,but only love one

Thread Information