Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Risers and Sliders

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    I can't remeber dropped balls specifically, but I have a bad memory. I've kinda followed Stanton since his sophomore year. I know he didn't get much help... his receivers were definitely sub-par by MSU standards.

I fortgot to mention that he can really move for a big quarterback... that will be obvious if he is forced into starting early in his career. I could see him relying on his feet more. Could be tough for defenses at first... kinda like Big Ben.
    You're right about Stanton he isn't a statue and he can escape pressure. Dude some games those MSU WR's flat out let him down....especially Matt Trannon.

Here is a great video of Drew Stanton... he's a scrappy runner with a laser arm.

link:

I agree Stanton should be the 3rd QB taken in this draft, he is a Brees type player (not saying that will DEF translate into being a Brees type NFL qb, just his stature and style of play) Where i dont agree at is quinn at #2 i hate to see the hype he has commanded. He can win big games, never wona bowl game, got stomped by USC, MSU, Mich and EVERY BOWL GAME HE WAS IN. If he is expected to live to his hype he will surely fail. Yeah his numbers looked good at ND but the whole offense was geared to let him do what ever he wants.. Hes HORRIBLE under pressure take MASSIVE hits trying to stand in there and be a hero. I think Stanton has the make up to be a better QB, along with smith... quinn is the qb bust in this draft not stanton he should go in the second round to a team with out a proven qb or aging qb.

sorry meant to say Quinn CAN NOT win big games

Thread Information