Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Risers and Sliders

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    I am a little surprised to see Drew Stanton pulling the low card. He is a very good qb,at least on the college level, if he had been playing on a winning team, he may have made the Heisman.
    i think stanton is a terrible QB, i wouldnt give him a 5th round grade and there is talks of him being reached for in the first ala jp losman

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think stanton is a terrible QB, i wouldnt give him a 5th round grade and there is talks of him being reached for in the first ala jp losman
    Train, hear me out on this one. I live in Big 10 country so I see alot of Big 10 games every year. Now I'm not saying Drew Stanton is going to be a great QB. But I don't think he is terrible. His WR's dropped alot of passes and his Oline wasn't the greatest to. Now I do think Stanton was reckless to much during his college career but if he can play with alittle more control I think the guy could develop into a solid NFL backup.

ok i hear ya, solid backup...thats more like it, but do you think hes first or second round talent? cause i really dont. I think Troy Smith is better than him and should be the third QB taken. Stanton has the size that teams want, but i just dont think he has the talent...to be a good starter anyway. hes far from being the jay cutler or ben roethlisberger of this draft....i know you didnt say he was but ive heard other places that teams might reach for him or one of the other guys in the late first, which i think is stupid

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ok i hear ya, solid backup...thats more like it, but do you think hes first or second round talent? cause i really dont. I think Troy Smith is better than him and should be the third QB taken. Stanton has the size that teams want, but i just dont think he has the talent...to be a good starter anyway. hes far from being the jay cutler or ben roethlisberger of this draft....i know you didnt say he was but ive heard other places that teams might reach for him or one of the other guys in the late first, which i think is stupid
    I would spend a 3rd on him personally. I like some of things he brings to the table as a QB. He has good leadership traits. I didn't see all of his games but I did see alot of them and his WR's didn't help out for the most part.

Who ever thinks Stanton is Jay Cutler or Big Ben needs to put the crack pipe down.lol Those comparisons are way off.

Stanton's only flaw has been his decision making... I know it's a big flaw, but with the right coaching staff it can be corrected. He defintely tried to do too much at MSU, throwing the ball away every now and then would help. He has all the tools and can make every throw. His leadership and swagger are second to none in this years class of QB's.

He's a big kid with a big arm and a lot of confidence... I kinda like him.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    Stanton's only flaw has been his decision making... I know it's a big flaw, but with the right coaching staff it can be corrected. He defintely tried to do too much at MSU, throwing the ball away every now and then would help. He has all the tools and can make every throw. His leadership and swagger are second to none in this years class of QB's.

He's a big kid with a big arm and a lot of confidence... I kinda like him.
    Good post and like him to. I just wouldn't draft to high. I think the 3rd round is where I would take him. But I could see some team spending a 2nd rounder on him.

oh well as long as its not us lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Good post and like him to. I just wouldn't draft to high. I think the 3rd round is where I would take him. But I could see some team spending a 2nd rounder on him.
    Yeah, I don't think he's gonna pull a "Cutler" or anything. Third seems reasonable... he might sneak into the second.

I know he impressed during his interviews... If you've ever heard him talk he seems like a really cool kid who is very personable. Definitely the kind of presense teammates respond to, or enjoy playing for/with... there are many articles from his days at MSU to prove it.

The decision making would worry me... although at times he showed signs of greatness and his decision making was crisp. That kinda makes me think he can read defenses and react... rather than a guy who will never "get it".

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BB2W View Post
    Yeah, I don't think he's gonna pull a "Cutler" or anything. Third seems reasonable... he might sneak into the second.

I know he impressed during his interviews... If you've ever heard him talk he seems like a really cool kid who is very personable. Definitely the kind of presense teammates respond to, or enjoy playing for/with... there are many articles from his days at MSU to prove it.

The decision making would worry me... although at times he showed signs of greatness and his decision making was crisp. That kinda makes me think he can read defenses and react... rather than a guy who will never "get it".
    Very well said BB2W. I agree he seems like a cool guy. I actually felt bad for him many times when I saw his WR's drop so many passes the last few college football seasons. That could be why the reason he tried to do to much since his teammates at times didn't help him out. (Especailly his WR's.)

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Very well said BB2W. I agree he seems like a cool guy. I actually felt bad for him many times when I saw his WR's drop so many passes the last few college football seasons. That could be why the reason he tried to do to much since his teammates at times didn't help him out. (Especailly his WR's.)
    I can't remeber dropped balls specifically, but I have a bad memory. I've kinda followed Stanton since his sophomore year. I know he didn't get much help... his receivers were definitely sub-par by MSU standards.

I fortgot to mention that he can really move for a big quarterback... that will be obvious if he is forced into starting early in his career. I could see him relying on his feet more. Could be tough for defenses at first... kinda like Big Ben.

Thread Information