Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al Wilson?????

Bookmark and Share
    Wilson got hurt bad, you guys are acting likes hes ok, hes obviously not since hes cut and has failed multiple physicals...we cut porter cause he wanted to much money...im pretty sure the situations dont get much different

My Mood
    Horny
    did we even offer porter a chance imo he would have stayed with us for less money

and you base this on.....him threatening to hold out last year?

My Mood
    Horny
    who in the nfl hasn't threatned to "hold out" hines did the same thing and they worked it out for him... you can't blame these guys for trying to earn some more money but again some of theses players understand and are willing to take a little less to be on a better team!

point is rather than taking a big hit on our cap, we let him walk. We dont sign players his age to big contracts and thats the way it is....im still not sure what your comparing this to al wisons near career ending neck injury other than he was a leader

My Mood
    Horny
    whatever dude not going to go back and forth with you i know that is pointless

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Watching NFL network, they said Wilson has been battling neck injuries for the last couple of years. Ever had a neck injury? He may very well be done as an impact player! Steer clear of players battling career ending injuries. IMO
    You got that right. Once a player has an injury of any serious nature, hes susceptible to it. Also count in how thats going to change his style of play somewhat, thinking he doesn't want to get hurt again, so he might hold back a little. Look at Pollack from the Bungholes, if, if, if he ever comes back, he won't be the same player.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's too bad he got hurt like that, the dude was a helluva player. Somebody will sign him that's for sure. He'd be a good veteran presence to have around for someone with the cap space for him.

I had pondered the possibilities of Al Wilson also, but with that neck injury I am unsure how wise it would be, unless he would sign for a minimial amount based on his performance. That would be the only way that I could see risking money on him, he was a great player when he was healthy though

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Watching NFL network, they said Wilson has been battling neck injuries for the last couple of years. Ever had a neck injury? He may very well be done as an impact player! Steer clear of players battling career ending injuries. IMO
    My thought's exactly

Thread Information