Thread: MCShays lastest Mock ??? 4/10/7

Bookmark and Share

MCShays lastest Mock ??? 4/10/7

I dcont put too much stock into what thess ***-clowns say, but what do you guys think about what he says about our pick

whole 1st round: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2831677

McShays Pick for us:
    15. Pittsburgh (8-8)
    Projected pick: +Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State
    Needs: OLB, G, DE, CB, RB, WR, C, ILB, TE, FB
    The Steelers need to address their outside linebacker situation early in this year's draft. While Posluszny and DE/OLB Jarvis Moss are possibilities, Timmons seems to make the most sense as new head coach Mike Tomlin transitions from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defensive alignment. Timmons can provide some pass-rushing production in the team's current 3-4 system, but he also projects as a better fit as a weakside linebacker in the 4-3 scheme.

Is there a reason why these guys still insist we draft as is we plan to change to the 4-3!?!?! I like Timmons but if what this guys says is true about us moving to the 4-3 then Paul would be the better pick as a "Will" backer in my mind!

I hope we dont do the 4-3 transistion. The Steeler have a tradition of playing the 3-4 and that is the way it should stay. That is one of the biggest things that I did not like about the selection of Tomlin is that he is more familiar with the 4-3 and that he would come in and try to change too much crap around.

I dont see him changing anything major on defense unless we totally fall apart this year. If we come out and put up top 5 numbers against the run and in points allowed, like we ususally do, the 3-4 will stay for years to come. Now i can see him adding a wrinkle of a 4-3 just to mix things up for the offenses , but not a total overhaul like the reporters are still saying.

That would be fine, to have the 4-3 as a way to shake up the offenses when they are game planning and such. As long as he does not come in and make wholesale changes, and cause us to slip into a rebuilding mode, and take years to get back to the top. We are already there, lets just keep on keeping on

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin has already said we're sticking with the 34 as our base defense but it's a given also that we'll be mixing in the 43 as well as other variations too.

Bring on Timmons, I'd be ok with that but I'd rather have Spencer personally.

reporters are gay, i dont even bother listening to these mocks anymore...they are way over analyzing the situations.

The thing with timmons is hes very fast and is already accustomed to dropping back as well as rushing the passer because he was a former DE, something spencer may struggle with is coverage.....but i dunno, its a tossup if you ask me

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah Im about mock'd out myself so at this point I just want the damn draft to get here and get over with

When Tomlin was interviewed for what, 6 hours im sure the 3-4 conversation popped up. I don't think the Roonys would pick him if he changed th defence or mabye im wrong. but Tomlin likes the 4-3 because thats the only defence he knows and after sitting down with Dick Lebeau I think the 3-4 will be his new favorite defence, i mean all the blitzing and run stopping who cant fall in love with it. and besides he keeps saying that the steelers have the best 3-4 people so he's not going to change it. But you know how cool this is, like on offense we have nice trick plays and now we'll line up with 3-4 and the the offense gets out of the hudle and were in the 4-3 tamba 2 and they'll be like WTF

Thread Information