Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The sad thing is Diesel we won't know how many players did cheat or not. So they all get lumped together. I agree its not right but Pro Sports has become big business and thats the only thing that matters to most of them is the money. The purity and integrate went out the window along time ago in Pro Sports.
    With athletes being bigger, faster and stronger naturally, its a shame that some of them have to resort to juicing up. I bet they don't have any mirrors in their house. Me personally, knowing I got something by cheating would wear on me.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    With athletes being bigger, faster and stronger naturally, its a shame that some of them have to resort to juicing up. I bet they don't have any mirrors in their house. Me personally, knowing I got something by cheating would wear on me.
    Well me to but we are not pro athletes with large egos.lol We all know Bonds has had a very large ego for some time. His ego is larger then his head that keeps growing every year. Thats another problem these athletes think they are bigger then the game.

Will Bonds make the Hall? Mark McGwire was denied, mainly, it seemed due to the way he refused to answer questions put to him by congress. Should they make the Hall? How about Pete Rose? I have a hard time with these questions myself, but I really dont think you can keep them out. I mean if it was proven that Babe Ruth had juiced, would they remove him from the hall?

Bonds has had some 1,000+ more at bats than the Babe. So, is it justice to say he's better because he had more time and more juice? No. Bonds has cheated, lied and should be banned from the game forever even if he comes clean he should still be banned. Bonds screwed us over and I'm tired of this fat-a** and that circus he is putting on in SF. He's not there to win a Championship, he's there to break a record because he knows no other GM would take a chance on him.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    I think it is still amazing there are a lot of other players out there that have done the exact same thing and they could not match what he is doing. I am glad to see the record fall to Bonds, even if they do put an * beside it in the record book
    Make that 5 * next to the record and banishment from baseball

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

My Mood
    Mad
    Barry Bonds is the only players in major league history to hit 500 HR's and steal 500 bases. Hell he is the only one to go over 400 in both stats. He is a Hall of Famer no matter what.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I mean if it was proven that Babe Ruth had juiced, would they remove him from the hall?
    Nothin against you but it kills me when people think that Ruth was juicin. How ridiculous is that? There was never any of that kind of talk back then, anyone can search the newspapers of the 20's and 30's and you won't find any headlines or articles of athletes on steroids. Its a shame that instead of dealing with the problems of today, people want to divert attention and point fingers at the past and say "what about him? he was doing it to" with no proof. Its real easy to do that instead of these athletes of today grabbing their nuts and saying "Yeah I did it".
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 04-15-2007 at 12:19 AM.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Nothin against you but it kills me when people think that Ruth was juicin. How ridiculous is that? There was never any of that kind of talk back then, anyone can search the newspapers of the 20's and 30's and you won't find any headlines or articles of athletes on steroids. Its a shame that instead of dealing with the problems of today, people want to divert attention and point fingers at the past and say "what about him? he was doing it to" with no proof. Its real easy to do that instead of these athletes of today grabbing their nuts and saying "Yeah I did it".
    Well said deez I say all cheaters of any sport
    especially a**holes like bonds !

Rookie Free Agent
    Will Bonds make the Hall? Mark McGwire was denied, mainly, it seemed due to the way he refused to answer questions put to him by congress. Should they make the Hall? How about Pete Rose? I have a hard time with these questions myself, but I really dont think you can keep them out. I mean if it was proven that Babe Ruth had juiced, would they remove him from the hall?
    Mark Mcgwire hasnt been totally denied yet , He has like 15 years to get in and only will not make the ballot if his total voters voting for him drops below 10 % in a single year then even then theres a veterens commitee that could vote him in( I hope he doesnt make it though).Pete Rose should make the HOF I dont care what anyone says, and Babe Ruth didnt use steroids and if anyone claimed that they are ignorant. Even though Steroids were invented back in the 30's there that would mean he played at least 16 of his season which were very productive , you should have included a name that was possible like say Hank Aaron even if he did use I think there's no way you can take him out of the HOF

My Mood
    Mad
    Well any comparisons with Ruth and Bonds doesn't work anyway. Baseball is a total different game now then it was in Babe Ruths day. I'm not taking anything away from Babe Ruth he is truely one of the great American Sport Icon's of alltime. But during some of Ruths career ground rule doubles used to count as homeruns. You might as well put an * next to Ruth's 714 career homeruns?lol I'm joking by this of course I doubt Ruth hit more then 10 ground rule doubles in that time. Just saying from rule changes to fact that African Americans not being allowed to play in Ruths time are factors in baseball being totally a different game now. My point is you just can't compare the eras and its impossible to do so.

Thread Information