Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Bonds....

Bookmark and Share

Barry Bonds....

Bonds Belts Career Homers 736 and 737
    By Associated Press

1 hour ago

PITTSBURGH - Barry Bonds hit the 736th and 737th home runs of his career Friday night in the city where he began his career 21 years ago, homering on consecutive at-bats in the second and fourth innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Left-hander Zach Duke became the 436th pitcher to allow a Bonds homer when the San Francisco Giants left fielder hit a line drive just inside the foul pole down the right-field line in the second inning, a two-run shot.

Bonds hit a longer drive in the fourth, a shot into the right-center stands off Shawn Chacon, Bonds' third homer of his career against the right-hander. Both homers came when the count was 1-1.

Bonds needs just 19 more homers to break Hank Aaron's career record of 755.

Bonds was off to a slow start _ he carried a .192 average and only one homer into the game _ until he singled once and homered twice in his three at-bats Friday. With the Giants up 8-2, he was lifted after homering in the fourth.

Of Bonds' 737 homers, 96 have been hit in Pittsburgh: 89 in Three Rivers Stadium, where he played with the Pirates from 1986-92, and seven in 39 at-bats in PNC Park, which opened in 2001.

Bonds now has 70 career multihomer games, leaving him two behind Babe Ruth's major league record of 72. Bonds also moved ahead of Ruth and into fifth place in career total bases with 5,802.

Interesting read about a future hall of famer ??....89 home runs in 6 seaons !! ...7 in 39 at BATS .... can you say HGH ??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Bonds has single handedly made a disaster of this whole record setting year. This should be one of the biggest celebration years in sports history, but because it's Bonds and all the controversy surrounded him it's almost as if nobody cares because it's tainted.

I think it is still amazing there are a lot of other players out there that have done the exact same thing and they could not match what he is doing. I am glad to see the record fall to Bonds, even if they do put an * beside it in the record book

It's a dam shame ... He can play ball and this should be a good time for baseball...maybe there will be more attention when he gets closer...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    His own team hasn't even planned an official celebration yet for when he breaks the record, last I heard

Still appreciate that he was a part of Pittsburgh's winning tradition when he was here....just wished he had juiced up a little earlier so we could have had the benefit of the juice during the playoffs.....

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

Rookie Free Agent
    Anyone see the other juicer Sammy Sosa is just 10 away from 600

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I care about him breaking the record and you know what Mr. Bonds has been my favorite baseball player since I was a little kid. I'm more of fan of his when he was truely a great all around player instead of just a homerun hitter like he is now.

Yes roids and HGH helped Barry Bonds and alot of players. But when you think about it I'm sure the pitchers were juicing as well. So it was leveled playing field in my mind. When you look at 756 its still a ton of home runs. Another thing I should mention Bonds didn't go to the American League to become a DH to break the record. He is still playing LF at his old age.lol

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I read somewhere that Hank will not be at the celebration should Bonds break his record. Steroid use to me is cheating, it causes an unfair advantage over your opponents. I agree somewhat BGF32 that some pitchers are roiding but not every pitcher Bonds has faced was doing it. Probably a very small percentage. Thats the reason athletes are athletes, they were born with the ability to play ball, to get juiced to make yourself even stronger or faster ain't right.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I read somewhere that Hank will not be at the celebration should Bonds break his record. Steroid use to me is cheating, it causes an unfair advantage over your opponents. I agree somewhat BGF32 that some pitchers are roiding but not every pitcher Bonds has faced was doing it. Probably a very small percentage. Thats the reason athletes are athletes, they were born with the ability to play ball, to get juiced to make yourself even stronger or faster ain't right.
    The sad thing is Diesel we won't know how many players did cheat or not. So they all get lumped together. I agree its not right but Pro Sports has become big business and thats the only thing that matters to most of them is the money. The purity and integrate went out the window along time ago in Pro Sports.

Thread Information