Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ginn runs and impresses

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I rather have Bowe or Steve Smith then Ted Ginn. Hell I like Anthony Gonzalez just as much as Ginn. There are other WR sin this draft like Jacoby Jones and Laurent Robinson that I really like. Plus you wouldn't have to spend a first round pick on a WR. I'm not against a WR in the first round just saying there is some depth at WR in this draft as well.

Talk about changing the dynamic of a team, we would definently become a passing team then, of course we would still run, but not near as much. I like it

this is true. but i really think because we have our 1 and 2 basically cemented for the next 2 seasons, if we do take a WR might as well take a proven kick returner. I like the baylor kid but he isnt offering much else besides return game. Ginn could easily become the #3. I like bowe and jarett but again they will be #3 wrs and offer nothing in the return game. Heaven forbid willie reid gets hurt in preseason and we have Colclough and Holmes fielding punts again... i like ginn cause he can fill 2-3 starting roles RIGHT NOW. I aswell like gonzales more and more...

Quote Originally Posted by okiesteeler View Post
    Talk about changing the dynamic of a team, we would definently become a passing team then, of course we would still run, but not near as much. I like it
    Well not so much, it gives us options... im tired of being in 3rd and 8 and saying "oh sh*t" because lord knows whats gonna happen when we get in 3rd & long w/ the squad we had last year. We can still line up in that proform and pound the ball... but now we have another weapon... i def dont want to see us try that "run and gun" that yeilded us a 6-10 record a few years back!! No matter who we draft first roud our 1st options should and will be run the ball.

Ginn has hand unlike holmes? your kidding, homes makes tough catches and did not drop passes last year. Ginn doesnt have great hand, mostly because he was recruited to OSU as a standout high school corner. Holmes had early troubles with fumbling, but that was on KRs...he had a solid rookie year at WR.

Anyway, Ginn would be amazing with holmes, thats seriously stretching the field with speed, everytime either one of them touch the ball it could be a score with that speed, plus willies speed, and hines isnt a slow guy either...it would be crazy.

I would want ginn over Jarrett, but not over bowe or meachem

POKER LEGEND
    Ginn wouldnt be my first pick but just imagine 3wr sets ginn and holmes on the outside and ward in the slot we can run the ball then when they bring their saftey up you got ginn and holmes 1 on 1 with their corners and ward with a saftey i would take that matchup over any team in the nfl ginn and holmes both run go routes and ward runs a 20 yard post try to stop that

Gold Standard
    I don't mind if we shift slightly and do a little more passing. But I do not want the Steelers to become a version of the Colts or the Eagles with a pass first mentality. The style of offense that the Steelers are famous for "5 yards and a pile of dust" running game, is what punishes and wears down the opponents. Ask an offensive lineman which style of blocking is more fun for them, pass blocking or run blocking. Run blocking gives the offensive lineman a chance to punish D-lineman and linebackers. How many of you loved the stat that was repeated often about what the Steelers winning percentage was going into the 4th quarter with a lead under Bill Cowher? I don't want that to change. That is another reason why we do need a power back like a Tony Hunt so that we can play a ball control power running game when we have a lead in the 4th quarter. The running game will always be the best way to control the clock and eat up time of possession. The best defense is a good offense. Other teams offense can't do much if they watch most of the game from the sidelines.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

That is very true, we need a back like Bettis was, Najah is not going to cut it in that role, in my opinion. We need the big bruising back for 3rd and shorts and goal line stands, and to just punish the defense, and open it up for fast willie to tear down the field.

the dreams of another bettis needs to stop, bettis was a special player and there wont be another one like him. He just had something about him, he got the job done. big backs dont mean they are like bettis, not alot of big backs can grind out a defense like you would expect them to. Guys like Marion Barber, MJD, Michael Turner should be the kind of player we seek....not bettis because its not happening. i think the best pickup for us this year outside of Lynch in the first round would be Hunt....he runs with pure hatred which is why hes been successful.

Thread Information