Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ginn runs and impresses

Bookmark and Share
    we have ward and holmes and then we have Washington who will have more of Ben looking towards him Wilson carries his wieght and everyone forgot about Ried so I would strongly disagree with a reciever at all on day 1 I would go as low as round 5 for a WR. and the only reason I would want a WR is for Special teams, I wouldn't mind another ANTWAN.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-12-2007 at 01:37 PM.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    WOW i finally agree with something you said!!!! LOL, just playing, though i wish they would draft that way... After Adams i dont see much separation in the rest of the LB/DE feild in the first 2-3 rnds. I like the idea of a WR that can make an immediate dif.
    It's those differences of opinions that give us something to talk about. If we all thought exactly alike this site wouldn't be interesting enough to bother with. I love to debate with people as long as they don't come across as though their opinion is right and everybody else's is wrong. In the end we are all part of Steeler Nation and are rooting for the same team!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

POKER LEGEND
    Remember after the 07 season Ward is due a roster bonus which i believe is at about $8 million i like hines but he is an aging wr unless he restructures i dont see the steelers giving him that kind of money so if the best player on the steelers board is a wr dont be suprised.

REMEMBER the steelers history with aging players whos play has slipped they dont keep them.
    KIRKLAND
    WOODSON
    LAKE
    PORTER
    GREENE
    ODONNEL
    GILDON
    THIGPEN
    LLOYD
    ERIC GREEN
    EARL HOLMES
    That is just some off the top of my head

Gold Standard

Agree with you on this

Quote Originally Posted by strong D View Post
    Remember after the 07 season Ward is due a roster bonus which i believe is at about $8 million i like hines but he is an aging wr unless he restructures i dont see the steelers giving him that kind of money so if the best player on the steelers board is a wr dont be suprised.

REMEMBER the steelers history with aging players whos play has slipped they dont keep them.
    KIRKLAND
    WOODSON
    LAKE
    PORTER
    GREENE
    ODONNEL
    GILDON
    THIGPEN
    LLOYD
    ERIC GREEN
    EARL HOLMES
    That is just some off the top of my head
    The thing that I don't like about negotiating contracts is that people always expect it to be based on past performance and not what a player projects to do in the future. Hines is definitely a fan favorite but with a roster bonus of 8 mil due I wouldn't want the Steelers to pay that either. He is on the downside of his career and IMO if he wasn't willing to redo his contract and taper off his salary then he should go somewhere else where a team agrees with him on his worth and value. It's a business and its a team sport. No team can afford to allow 1 man out of 53 to eat up 9 or 10% of the cap. Any aging veteran who wants to remain with the organization and fans that they spent most of their career with should be willing to taper his salary off as his skills diminish. Teams that are known for overpaying players of lesser value are not the teams normally associated with winning.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

POKER LEGEND
    I agree thats why i say dont be suprised if we do draft a wr with our first pick

The more i think about Ginn the more i like him at that pick... the latest mocks have him dropping to be avail. at 15. I like this pick cause he wont be coming in to try to compete for the #1, Hines has that in the bag. He will have to seriously impress to work his way to outseat Holmes at #2. So in all likelyhood he will be #3 and returner. He wont have the pressure of trying to be "the guy" like plex did. Ward wont have to be offended like he was when we drafted plex cause this kid is gonna be groomed to be an eventual number #2 behind Santonio. We could use another WR. LB's are so deep we can get a guy in round 2, who if he would stayed a extra year in school he would of been a top 15 pick in '08. I like the thought of this pick alot... great upside he is a somewhat local Kid (Ohio) whos OSU WR teammate was last years number 1. Kinda all fits when you think about it...

Yes and if he has hands (unlike Holmes) and does not fumble (like Holmes did every time he touched the ball last season) then it would be a great addition to the team and then we could use him on special teams and not lose as many games due to fumbling (once again Holmes) inside the 20 and giving the ball to the other team

Holmes is gonna be a beast... just wait. I like the posibilty of having the following
    WR depth Chart
    1. Hines Ward
    2. Santonio Holmes
    3. Ted Ginn Jr.
    4. Willie Reid/Nate Washington

KR
    1. Willie Reid
    2.Ted Ginn Jr.
    PR.
    1.Willie Reid/Ted Ginn Jr.

We would have SPEED EVERYWHERE!!!!

House of Steel
    Sounds great, but I don't see this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Sounds great, but I don't see this happening.
    me either but imagine... 3 WR set, Holmes and Ginn Jr outside, Ward motioned to the slot. Miller flexed off tackle with parker as the back. If you leave 6 in the box we run all day. If you try to put 7-8 in the box you're leaving a LB or safety on ward and unless you got ed reed on him its a wrap. Plus you have a LB on Heath, +1 for Heath. i just like the match up we could create spreading the field and working short paterns and draws to match work past blitzes!!! not to mention the damage we could do w/ Reid and Ginn jr returning. SPEED KILLS

Thread Information