Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Ginn runs and impresses

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Banned K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    18,999

    Ginn runs and impresses

    Although his stamina was less than ideal following months of rehabilitation for a sprained foot, Ohio State wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. was still clocked in the 4.3s in the 40-yard sprint during a Wednesday workout for NFL scouts, a performance which likely strengthened his status as a top 15 selection in this month's draft.

    Ginn, who was unable to work out at the NFL combine sessions at Indianapolis in February, and, thus, was viewed as a bit of a wild card in the first round, ran the 40 three times during Wednesday's campus audition. According to scouts present at the workout, Ginn's times were between 4.37-4.45 seconds.

    Had he been healthy, Ginn hoped to challenge Deion Sanders' unofficial combine record in the 40-yard sprint, 4.29 seconds, but his injury precluded that. The Buckeyes' star recently has been running consistently in the 4.3s during training sessions, and his Wednesday times should have been more than satisfactory for scouts.

    Overall conditioning remains a problem, however, for Ginn, who probably needs three or four more weeks to be back to optimum shape. Ginn suffered a left mid-foot sprain when teammates piled on him to celebrate his 93-yard touchdown return of the opening kickoff in the BCS championship game against the University of Florida more than two months ago.

    The workout on Wednesday consisted of Ginn running the 40 and of going through a series of receiving drills. Scouts said Ginn caught the ball well and demonstrated a fluid running style but that, with his foot still not 100 percent, he was not as explosive in and out of his cuts as they project him to be when he is fully recovered.

    Most teams rate Ginn the No. 2 wide receiver prospect in the draft, behind only Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson, and some projections have him a top 10 choice. Beyond the foot injury, the only other concerns about Ginn revolve around his thin build. At the combine, he measured 5-feet-11 ¼ and 178 pounds.

    In three seasons, Ginn was one of the college game's most dynamic playmakers, both as a receiver and a return man. He posted 125 receptions for 1,943 yards and 15 touchdowns in 37 games at Ohio State. Ginn averaged 14.1 yards and scored six times on 64 punt returns. He scored two touchdowns, and averaged 26.6 yards on 38 kickoff returns, and rushed 28 times for 213 yards and three touchdowns.

    His six touchdowns on combined kick returns tied an NCAA career record.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2833744

  2. #2
    AZ_Steeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    19,358
    I've heard rumors of the Steelers going for a WR in the first round again those are just rumors that I have heard... anyhow Ginn is a play maker and could drastically help the Steelers primarily in their return game! I think the Steelers getting Ginn is a stretch since drafting Holmes first round last year, but then again the Steelers had us all last year

  3. #3
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,682
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ginn is a beast, 4.3 speed is just blistering fast; the stamina will come back in time with training and workouts.

    I still hope we don't go WR in the 1st round, definitely we take one in the draft late day 1 or early day 2 but good grief please don't go WR with the #15 pick Tomlin !

  4. #4
    Gold Standard
    BlackGold4vr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    China Lake, Ca
    Posts
    5,170
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ginn is a beast, 4.3 speed is just blistering fast; the stamina will come back in time with training and workouts.

    I still hope we don't go WR in the 1st round, definitely we take one in the draft late day 1 or early day 2 but good grief please don't go WR with the #15 pick Tomlin !
    That could very well be possible. They could still grab someone like Woodley in the second round at OLB. I am not convinced that Ginn is a top 15 pick. Think I would rather have Bowe who is one of the bigger receivers in this draft. We already have small and fast. We need a big receiver who can outleap all those small cover corners IMO.

    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

  5. #5
    POKER LEGEND
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    western pennsylvania
    Posts
    826
    I would hate to go wr with pick 15 also but just imagine the speed with Holmes and Ginn WOW

  6. #6
    House of Steel
    Guest
    robert meachem ring a bell??? This kid flat out impressed everyone at Tennessee.

  7. #7
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    That could very well be possible. They could still grab someone like Woodley in the second round at OLB. I am not convinced that Ginn is a top 15 pick. Think I would rather have Bowe who is one of the bigger receivers in this draft. We already have small and fast. We need a big receiver who can outleap all those small cover corners IMO.

    WOW i finally agree with something you said!!!! LOL, just playing, though i wish they would draft that way... After Adams i dont see much separation in the rest of the LB/DE feild in the first 2-3 rnds. I like the idea of a WR that can make an immediate dif.

  8. #8
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Jim Tressel has said he has seen him run hi 4.1's-low 4.2's... was he bullsh*tting.. who knows...

  9. #9
    House of Steel
    Guest
    Ginn should of stayed at Ohio State for another season, why?, First of all, bummed ankle is going to hurt his stock a little. Secondly, he can prove all the doubters about his abilities. He can flat out run like hell 4.15-4.24 I was told by my best friend who was able to watch him sprint last season. My best friend is a graduate of OSU. BIG TIME FOOTBALL FAN. He is devilish fast when he is at full strength. Be nice to get him on the return team at full strength. BONZAI!!!!

  10. #10
    Starter steelcitysfinestXL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Ginn should of stayed at Ohio State for another season, why?, First of all, bummed ankle is going to hurt his stock a little. Secondly, he can prove all the doubters about his abilities. He can flat out run like hell 4.15-4.24 I was told by my best friend who was able to watch him sprint last season. My best friend is a graduate of OSU. BIG TIME FOOTBALL FAN. He is devilish fast when he is at full strength. Be nice to get him on the return team at full strength. BONZAI!!!!
    It def wouldnt have hurt him in the experience factor, but maybe not finacially (which i dont think his family has a problem with!!! i think he is from a pretty financially stable family unlike some kids who do come out prematurely) i think he will be a top 20 draft pick maybe 2nd wr taken where as next year he would still most likely not be a top 5, but who knows... plus no anthony gonzales, pittman and no Heisman QB in Troy Smith, might as well leave in my opinion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •