Thread: Strength of schedule

Bookmark and Share

Strength of schedule

The AFC is better than the NFC: Certainly that's not a very big surprise, but it's even more apparent when you look at the strength of schedules for 2007. Every team in the AFC has a strength of schedule of over .500. The Lions (.504) are the only NFC team with a strength of schedule of over .500.

• Kicking the Raiders while they're down: The Raiders finished with the NFL's worst record and were rewarded with the hardest schedule in 2007. The Raiders don't get any breaks in the AFC West, with all six of their divisional games coming against teams with better than .500 records.

• It pays to be in the NFC North: One year after having the NFL's easiest schedule, the Bears check in with the second-easiest schedule (.465) this season. Chicago's three divisional foes were a combined 17-31 (.354) in 2006.

ESPN.com - NFL - Bills, Raiders have toughest 2007 schedules

looks like the Raiders will have the inside track on next years #1 as well

Reppin' 724
    Well seeing as they are going off of last years records for strength of schedule.....it makes sense that the worst teams would have the hardest schedules.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can't control who you play, all you can control are the wins and losses...so yeah the Raiders are destined for another top draft pick

This proves a point I made about the Bears halfway through the season last year. Everyone I talked to had some excuse when I told them the Bears had an easy as hell schedule that made them appear better than they really were.

The Cardinals are going to explode onto the scene in the 07 season with new coach Ken Whisenhunt and the league's easiest schedule.

Interesting that of the NFC North teams it is the worst one with the hardest schedule by far, while the same team that I mentioned above that advanced so far this past season because of their easy record.

If Vince Young is really as good as I think he is, he will be put to the test in the 07 season when the Titan's schedule is harder than even the super bowl champion Colts.

The Browns better not be too positive about the 07 season. Even with a 4-12 season last year they are still in the top half (12) of difficulty of schedule. Similar comments can be made about both the Lions and the Raiders.

BuFu

The Cardinals are going to explode onto the scene in the 07 season with new coach Ken Whisenhunt and the league's easiest schedule.
    it doesnt matter how easy your schedule is if you suck ***

Living in Arizona, everyone has been saying for years "This is the Cardinals year, watch out!" I'm still watching and I haven't seen anything yet! They are a team that can always, and I mean always... find a way to lose the game! Take a look at the Rams and Bears game last year, enough said!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it doesnt matter how easy your schedule is if you suck ***
    You only half quoted me-the second part of my answer summed up my thoughts of that.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Living in Arizona, everyone has been saying for years "This is the Cardinals year, watch out!" I'm still watching and I haven't seen anything yet! They are a team that can always, and I mean always... find a way to lose the game! Take a look at the Rams and Bears game last year, enough said!
    That may be true but I also have faith in our former Offensive Coordinator.

BuFu

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Cards have the potential of having a very good year but IF, and that's a big IF they were to make it into the playoffs when the real competition starts they'll get ousted in the 1st round.

You can be all fine and dandy with an easy schedule in the regular season but when push comes to shove in the playoffs, the pretenders are exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The Cards have the potential of having a very good year but IF, and that's a big IF they were to make it into the playoffs when the real competition starts they'll get ousted in the 1st round.

You can be all fine and dandy with an easy schedule in the regular season but when push comes to shove in the playoffs, the pretenders are exposed.
    Did you just compare the Cardinals to the Bengals?

Maybe they should change their logo to this:

and hope for divine intervention.

BuFu

Tailgate Coordinator
    That would be there best bet.

I'm A "Champion"

Thread Information