Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bush update

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Kgreen, you don't know that. He is going to rehab in September. I hope to God he proves all his doubters that he can be close to what he was. I am tired of this talking Bush down. The poor guy had a bad break, yeah, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Kgreen, you don't know that. He is going to rehab in September. I hope to God he proves all his doubters that he can be close to what he was. I am tired of this talking Bush down. The poor guy had a bad break, yeah, but come on.
    Oh, I am not taking much away from him he was a hell of a player when healthy, but that's the thing, he was hardly healthy. The worst kind of injury to a RB is a Knee injury. When it also requires surgery, that's a problem.

So wouldn't you rather go with the safer option in Hunt? I mean aside from the Orange Bowl injury, when did he ever get hurt?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Coach Tomlin says otherwise. He wants to decrease the touches for Willie in an effort to keep Willie fresher come the post season. He wants to do that with 2 feature backs like a lot of the better teams have been doing and sharing the workload to keep both backs fresher. As much as I would have loved to see a healthy Michael Bush plowing through secondaries, we need more immediate help. Should something happen to Willie our depth at RB is non-existant. Davenport and Kuhn? "Nah, we don't need no stinkin help"....Yes, we do! Adding someone like Hunt immediately gives us the depth we need at the position. I am not convinced that the Steelers are ready to abandon the smashmouth style of football that is only associated with running teams. Passing teams are usually considered more as finesse teams. You want to wear another team out and control the clock you gotta be able to run and control the ball. We need a back who can contribute this year IMO.

Parker/(Hunt, Henry) - Steelers
    Thomas/Benson - Bears
    Addai/Rhodes - Colts
    Dillon/Maroney - Patriots
    McCallister/Bush - Saints
    Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers
    Taylor/Jones-Drew - Jaguars
    LOL, ok a little news update for you...

Thomas- now w/ the Jets
    Rhodes- now w/ the Raiders
    Dillon- now old and w/ ... oh wait HE WAS CUT

Now that we got that straight, we still have Najeh and Kuhn, whether you like it or not Najeh is the number 2 back right now( and i dont see Hunt ousting him at the seasons start even if we do draft him). If you look at all the teams you named how many of the have 3rd running back that you ever heard of before... A third string running back it just that... 3rd string... he doesnt have to be and all-star just a guy who can play... KUHN. If we need a 4th string we can get the after the draft in free agency (that worked out pretty fu**ing good w/ Parker dont ya think!?!?!) If you are worried about us wasting draft a draft pick on a guy that could be been a super-star take a look at these names

Orien Harris-4th round
    Omar Jacobs-5th round
    Cedrick Humes-7th round

none of these guys are currently on our roster, all watsed draft picks. Its not gonna kill us to take Bush in the 4th-6th round!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kgreen View Post
    Sorry K-Train, but here's un update (not really): HE IS SOFT AND UNDURABLE! I'd think the fact that he had a major knee injury would make everyone question weather he could play without hurting it again. There are much better power backs in this draft who are durable, reliable, hard-working and smart like Tony Hunt. I don't like Michael Bush, I think he is toast with that knee.
    He is soft????????? he one of the hardest runners ive ever seen in my life, the guy is an animal. and he didnt damage his knee, he broke his leg.....much easrier to comeback from than a knee injury....sure it didnt heal perfect but thats why he had the surgery, he might need a year off but he is a hard worker and isnt a lazy little bitch like lendale white. bones heal much stronger than knee ligaments.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Look at Baxter (DB-Browns ex-Raven) He tore both Maniscus( spell-check but its a tendon at the knee cap i believe) on the same play and first prognosis was he may NEVER WALK AGAIN... he is slated to play opening game for Cleveland this season. If he (Bush) takes his time and works hard at rehab he can be a great NFL'er. Alot of times these guys say they feel stronger than before after career threatening injurys because they never worked so hard on one body part!!! I like him in the 3rd or 4th, sit out a year and do some hard rehabbing. And if he doesn work out not a huge deal he wont command huge money as a 3-6 round draft pick and look at all the guys we drafted that didnt even make the 53 man roster last year.. we could do a lot worse than draft this guy... *cough* *cough* Deuce *cough*
    Since when is tearing your meniscus walk threatening I have never heard of that( proof wanted for this statement to be believable) now if it had to do with the PCL, MCL , ACL then maybe id maybe believe that but meniscus...never and with the advancements in surgury allowing ppl like Mcgahee who tore all 3 major ligaments to play at full that just puts more doubt in that statement.

Gold Standard
    LOL, ok a little news update for you...

Thomas- now w/ the Jets
    Rhodes- now w/ the Raiders
    Dillon- now old and w/ ... oh wait HE WAS CUT
    No s**t there einstein! Wasn't talkin about where they are playing this year. The fact that all 4 teams who played in the conference championships all employed a two back system obviously didn't go unnoticed by brighter minds than yours! Now, that we got that straight.

Now that we got that straight, we still have Najeh and Kuhn, whether you like it or not Najeh is the number 2 back right now( and i dont see Hunt ousting him at the seasons start even if we do draft him).
    You think Davenport who is not even a power running back would beat out Hunt who can outright lay some nasty punishing hits on linebackers? You must be smokin something. Just because that was the best we could find in a pinch last year doesn't mean Davenport has a deathgrip on the #2 spot. They only re-signed him because they can't bank on anything in the draft. Remember, this isn't Cowher and his bois. This coach may actually play the more talented players.......Dookie should be concerned about his job!

If you look at all the teams you named how many of the have 3rd running back that you ever heard of before... A third string running back it just that... 3rd string... he doesnt have to be and all-star just a guy who can play... KUHN. If we need a 4th string we can get the after the draft in free agency (that worked out pretty fu**ing good w/ Parker dont ya think!?!?!)

Parker was a guy the Rooney's had stashed away in their back pockets that nobody else knew about. Trust me if Parker had gone to the NFL combine and worked out, we would have had to draft him on day 1 to get him. Look what another player who's situation is like Parkers did for himself at the combine, Chris Henry. When a RB is throwing up 4.3's in the 40, people take notice. So by your theory on how easy it is to grab a guy like Parker, the rushing leader board is just littered with undrafted players? Yeah, take another toke!

Its not gonna kill us to take Bush in the 4th-6th round!!!!
    He will not drop down that far in the draft. One of the more talented teams whose needs are not great will draft him high and stash him away for next year. Bet he doesn't make it out of the 3rd round.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    stop comparing henry to parker, parker never got a chance to achieve, henry is a underachiever who didn't take advantage of his chances, also he's soft from everything i've read, my favorite quote on him is "looks like tarzan, plays like jane" he works out great and all but on the field he's a pussy
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

hes a workout warrior....so? that doesnt make him good

Hunt>henry

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    stop comparing henry to parker, parker never got a chance to achieve, henry is a underachiever who didn't take advantage of his chances, also he's soft from everything i've read, my favorite quote on him is "looks like tarzan, plays like jane" he works out great and all but on the field he's a pussy
    The comparison is only that neither player played much in college so therefore is an unknown quantity going into the draft. Henry was probably going to be an undrafted free agent until he blew people away at the combine with his size and speed. Not saying he will be great but he does have the physical tools to be a dominant player.

Another player who everybody loves here at SA (Anthony Spencer) was not a gamechanging defender until this year. He said it wasn't until his little brother started knocking him for taking "plays off" that he stepped his game up a notch. So I wouldn't count out Henry just yet, he can still turn out to be a great one. For every player that the scouts think will be a superstar and turns out to be a dud (Ryan Leaf) there is a nobody who turns out to be great (Marques Coleston, 7th round pick).
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    He is soft????????? he one of the hardest runners ive ever seen in my life, the guy is an animal. and he didnt damage his knee, he broke his leg.....much easrier to comeback from than a knee injury....sure it didnt heal perfect but thats why he had the surgery, he might need a year off but he is a hard worker and isnt a lazy little bitch like lendale white. bones heal much stronger than knee ligaments.
    What I am trying to say here is that you don't want to take a chance on him when Tony Huny is available. Durability is one of the most important traits about running backs. Ok, so I was wrong about the injury, but that is still a big injury and a big question mark in terms of his durability. I don't think we're going to draft him.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information