Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bush update

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    I am looking at this from both sides. I agree with Koopa to the degree that Bush may not even heal or comes to the terms of what he once was at Louisville to the NFL. Then, you got the opportunity of getting Hunt or Leonard in the first to second round. It is a real heartwrenching thought to debate on this. I would hate to see Bush actually come back and be a monster and then saying DAMN DAMN DAMN. LOL. I am really neutral after reading the status of Bush and his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he needs to come play for us....if we used a second i would not complain...he is gonna be great, he would be a steal even if he couldnt play this year.

Bush>all other RB in this years draft (yes including superpeterson)
    This guy would have been a number 2 or 3 pick if he woulda played last year.... if your saying otherwise then you never saw him play... he led the ncaa in '05 ahead of Reggie Bu, Lindell White, Maurice Jones-Drew, DeAngelo Williams, Adrian Peterson and Jerious Norwood. The man has it all speed, power, inside and outside. We dont NEED a RB to jump in and contribute right away so this pick in the 3rd - 4th would be great.... no a HUGE STEAL.

House of Steel
    I enjoy reading your post, got some great insights.

Look at Baxter (DB-Browns ex-Raven) He tore both Maniscus( spell-check but its a tendon at the knee cap i believe) on the same play and first prognosis was he may NEVER WALK AGAIN... he is slated to play opening game for Cleveland this season. If he (Bush) takes his time and works hard at rehab he can be a great NFL'er. Alot of times these guys say they feel stronger than before after career threatening injurys because they never worked so hard on one body part!!! I like him in the 3rd or 4th, sit out a year and do some hard rehabbing. And if he doesn work out not a huge deal he wont command huge money as a 3-6 round draft pick and look at all the guys we drafted that didnt even make the 53 man roster last year.. we could do a lot worse than draft this guy... *cough* *cough* Deuce *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I enjoy reading your post, got some great insights.
    Thanks, i f-up like everyone else but i know what i know!

House of Steel
    We all do, we aren't perfect, but I do enjoy reading your post and everyone else. You make a whole lot of sense in what you say.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    We dont NEED a RB to jump in and contribute right away so this pick in the 3rd - 4th would be great.... no a HUGE STEAL.
    Coach Tomlin says otherwise. He wants to decrease the touches for Willie in an effort to keep Willie fresher come the post season. He wants to do that with 2 feature backs like a lot of the better teams have been doing and sharing the workload to keep both backs fresher. As much as I would have loved to see a healthy Michael Bush plowing through secondaries, we need more immediate help. Should something happen to Willie our depth at RB is non-existant. Davenport and Kuhn? "Nah, we don't need no stinkin help"....Yes, we do! Adding someone like Hunt immediately gives us the depth we need at the position. I am not convinced that the Steelers are ready to abandon the smashmouth style of football that is only associated with running teams. Passing teams are usually considered more as finesse teams. You want to wear another team out and control the clock you gotta be able to run and control the ball. We need a back who can contribute this year IMO.

Parker/(Hunt, Henry) - Steelers
    Thomas/Benson - Bears
    Addai/Rhodes - Colts
    Dillon/Maroney - Patriots
    McCallister/Bush - Saints
    Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers
    Taylor/Jones-Drew - Jaguars
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

House of Steel
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Coach Tomlin says otherwise. He wants to decrease the touches for Willie in an effort to keep Willie fresher come the post season. He wants to do that with 2 feature backs like a lot of the better teams have been doing and sharing the workload to keep both backs fresher. As much as I would have loved to see a healthy Michael Bush plowing through secondaries, we need more immediate help. Should something happen to Willie our depth at RB is non-existant. Davenport and Kuhn? "Nah, we don't need no stinkin help"....Yes, we do! Adding someone like Hunt immediately gives us the depth we need at the position. I am not convinced that the Steelers are ready to abandon the smashmouth style of football that is only associated with running teams. Passing teams are usually considered more as finesse teams. You want to wear another team out and control the clock you gotta be able to run and control the ball. We need a back who can contribute this year IMO.

Parker/(Hunt, Henry) - Steelers
    Thomas/Benson - Bears
    Addai/Rhodes - Colts
    Dillon/Maroney - Patriots----Might want to edit this one, Dillon isn't there for this reason.
    McCallister/Bush - Saints
    Tomlinson/Turner - Chargers---Turner might go cash in still on the market. I wonder what draft day will do for this guy.
    Taylor/Jones-Drew - Jaguars

Koopa might hound you on this one. I think we are moving toward getting away from the old Cowher system. It is time to open this playbook and expand the potential of the offense. Heath Miller, especially fits my point here. I would be all for a rotating two back set believe me, anything to keep Parker fresh down the stretch of the season. Khun and Davenport will work hard to convince Mike Tomlin, but yes, we do need to address the depth at RB in either the 2nd or 3rd Round. It is a very important pick also. Leonard, Hunt, Bush, or some of the good middle of the line pack player would be a great addition to the Black n Gold Good read, BGfvr!!

Sorry K-Train, but here's un update (not really): HE IS SOFT AND UNDURABLE! I'd think the fact that he had a major knee injury would make everyone question weather he could play without hurting it again. There are much better power backs in this draft who are durable, reliable, hard-working and smart like Tony Hunt. I don't like Michael Bush, I think he is toast with that knee.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Koopa might hound you on this one. I think we are moving toward getting away from the old Cowher system. It is time to open this playbook and expand the potential of the offense. Heath Miller, especially fits my point here. I would be all for a rotating two back set believe me, anything to keep Parker fresh down the stretch of the season. Khun and Davenport will work hard to convince Mike Tomlin, but yes, we do need to address the depth at RB in either the 2nd or 3rd Round. It is a very important pick also. Leonard, Hunt, Bush, or some of the good middle of the line pack player would be a great addition to the Black n Gold Good read, BGfvr!!
    I don't want to become a spread team like the Patsies. Remember we tried a pass-first offense in 2003 and it didn't work? I think we need to draft Tony Hunt and stay a power running team. Sure, we can expand the passing offense, but I think we saw that Ben needs to mature more before we do that.

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Thread Information