Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Shaw

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Tim Shaw

I would love for the Steelers to draft him at some point , anyone agree ? And if yes or no what round do you think we or someone else get him , He seems like 3rd round material maybe late 2nd to me, other opinions?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    hmmmm........i wouldn't mind him, cause we need special teamers with potential to actually play, so i wouldn't mind a 3rd rounder on him
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

I like him... I think he's a heck of a player, and like Koopa said he could make an imediate impact on special teams. Shaw does pretty much everything well and he has a motor that won't quit.

I think he's best suited to play weakside in a 4-3.

Exactly, high motor guy that we can def bring in on 3rd downs to pressure the quarterback if he gets one-on-one w/ a running back. He lack a lil in the size department and might have trouble blitzing inside. But he is smart enough to learn our d quickly and can fill in at probley all 4 lineback spots, if needed. He played RB, DE, ILB and OLB at state college so he is versitile and will prob be a ST's nightmare on kick and punt coverage. I still think he is more of a 4th or 5th round guy... maybe he could be our first pick on day 2! I like Shaw and dont think he'd have any trouble making our 53 man roster like so many of our late round draft picks last year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    can fill in at probley all 4 lineback spots, if needed. He played RB, DE, ILB and OLB at state college so he is versitile and will prob be a ST's nightmare on kick and punt coverage.
    Yup, people forget that he is one of the best runners in the history of Mighigan high school football. Check out what he accomplished...

Shaw was the 2001 Michigan Gatorade Player-of-the-Year while playing tailback and linebacker for coach Greg Hudkins at Clarenceville High School in Livonia, Michigan.

At the time of his graduation, he held the Michigan high school records for career rushing yards (7611) and career touchdowns (131), records since surpassed by East Grand Rapids High School's Kevin Grady.

He earned 11 letters in football, basketball and track and field. He was the Michigan state 100-meter dash champion his junior year.

Rookie Free Agent
    Yeah I read that on Wiki , seeing he probably didnt play varsity as a freshman that means his average yards/tds would have been close too. 2537 and 44 tds and even if did start all 4 or at least played some, 1902 and 33 .

great athlete....4th,5th round guy

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone will gamble and take him before that... he should certainly go early on day two at least.

edit: Here is an intrveiw where he says his favorite NFL team is the Steelers...

"My greatest strength is getting to the ball and making the tackle."

link: http://www.thefootballexpert.com/timshaw070002.html
    Last edited by BB2W; 04-11-2007 at 01:18 AM.

Oh i dont think its a gamble for a 4-3 team to take him in the late 2nd early third... it would be a gamble if we took a LB in the first ie: Timmons, Spendcer whom ever... and then took this guy in the 2nd or third to be a ST'er. Im saying for us in a 3-4 he is more likely to be 4th round guy if not 2nd day. (after Michael Bush...LOL sorry i had to)

Thread Information