Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A look at our Linebacker situation

Bookmark and Share
    [QUOTE=strong D;93930]Everyone thinks Tomlin was at FSU to scout Timmons but they signed Church after the workout maybe he was there to see him[/QUO

ummmm... NOOO

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not sure about woodley, he didnt really do much in the senior bowl, it was reported he was afraid of going up against the top players in the nation so he sat at.....we dont need a little bitch, and outside of branch..michigan players are way overrated. Timmons would be a great fit for us, the guy is a monster and he seems to be tomlins favorite so far.

Getting a WR would be great, i just think OLB is way more of a need, but i wouldnt be mad if we got Meachum, Bowe or Ginn....i know we have Santonio already, but him and ginn...thats some serious speed on the field, could be really special.
    Woodley hurt his hamstring at Senior Bowl week. I don't think that makes him a little bitch. He had a great work out at his Pro Day. He is a very good pass rusher so I think he could be effective as an OLB in a 3-4. Now his coverage skills would worry greatly.lol But that would be any former DE trying to make the switch to OLB.

Now Timmon's Pro Day he looked flabby and it was reported he was winded during drills. Red flags anyone? Another red flag to me is Drew Rosenhaus. I couldn't see the Rooney's dealing with an agent like that myself.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Arnold Harrison is already on the roster and showed some good promise before he got hurt. I look forward to throwing him into the mix. Neither he or the others we have on stuff inspire any great thoughts IMO so we'll still probably take atleast 2 LB's in the draft. We're a team that needs many top flight LB's in order to run our defense.

POKER LEGEND
    Whats to say not

I think Woodley will be a 2nd round steal in this draft hopefully we are the theives!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strong D View Post
    Whats to say not
    Just havin a lil fun, but I think when you look at the guys available in the 1st half of the 1st round Willis and Adams will be gone and Timmons is the next best fit for us, i would say Moss but i think his minor (in my opinion) off-the-field issues will bone him if he wants t be a Steeler. I havent seen spencer play so i wont comment but what i have read prob puts him firmly in the mix too!!! I dont think they steelers are banking on church to be contributer. I think they wanted depth and maybe trying to save a lil face after they cut so many draft pics last year this way thats one less guy they dont have to draft at linbacker late in the second day to try to fill the depth chart.

House of Steel
    We got some serious brains in this forum for football talks. We could have ourselves a hell of a sports network that would kill the competition. We are better than the damn NFL NETWORK AROUND HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    We got some serious brains in this forum for football talks. We could have ourselves a hell of a sports network that would kill the competition. We are better than the damn NFL NETWORK AROUND HERE.
    I always wanted to be Stewart Scott or Rich Eisen when i grew up, yeah that DIDNT happen!!!

House of Steel
    I kid you not, we could kick *** with all our debates. People would pay to listen to us do this. We sound like pros at this.

Ill tell you one thing we can DEF. put on a better show than "The Nightly Sports Call" or anything else Pompiani and Edmond Nelson do, the reporters and broadcasters around the burgh suck... -minus the great Cope

Thread Information