Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at our Linebacker situation

Bookmark and Share
    Couple that with the season Ben had last year( some of that wast the O-line so im not blaming just him) and the fact that he is a legitimate "Franchise Player" i think his "well-being" might dictate what we do if they player we want isnt available in the first. The Steelers arent thinking like us, they arent sitting at the draft board like "ok Willis is gone, Timmons is gone, so we'll just go with Moss" They might have 2 guys for OLB in mind but the guys they have in mind are gone they arent gonna just take the next guy in line. Im hoping for Timmons myself but i wont be mad or suprised if they took a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    1st-OLB
    2nd-Best RB or WR available
    3rd-oppsosite of above
    4th-Daniel Sepulveda
    5th-some oline training camp meat or Shaw
    6/7-Tim Mixon or other corner
    that would be a GREAT draft if you would take WR 2nd and RB 3rd!! I like the Baylor kid in there too!! And the giant from IUP as the meat if Shaw isnt around, home town kid who can be a fierce 3rd down pass rusher and ST'er

i think i would like a RB in the second....hunt, bush, leonard....then a WR....smith, gonzalas in the 3rd.

But RBs in the 3rd might not be bad....Irons, Henry, wolfe.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I wouldn't be against a WR like Bowe in the first round. I don't want Ginn at all. I think Ginn is going to be a very good WR but we have that type of WR in Holmes already.

Now I think OLB is a bigger need and LB depth period is a bigger need then WR but I like drafting best player available instead of need.

After Gaines Adams and Willis the rest of the LB's in this draft doesn't excite me with the 15th pick. I would look to draft Woodley in the 2nd round and draft best player available in the first. Not unless the Steelers want to trade down and then draft Spencer/Moss. But I wouldn't look for Moss since his little weed troubles might force the Steelers to stay away from him.

I don't want Puz at all and I like Timmons at 15 but then I don't. Reports of him being flabby at his work out and the fact Drew Rosenhaus is his agent might play a role in the Steelers passing on him. I really couldn't see the Rooney's dealing with an agent like Rosenhaus. I know the guy represents over 90+NFL players but I don't think any of his clients plays for the Steelers. Maybe I'm way off on my Rosenhaus point but its just a thought.

Yeah if Bush, Hunt, or Leonard are they're i would like that pick (and in that order) I think Kenny Irons can be great if he stays healthy along with Bush. I like Smith alot but gonzoles is more of a 3rd or 4th rounder to me.

im not sure about woodley, he didnt really do much in the senior bowl, it was reported he was afraid of going up against the top players in the nation so he sat at.....we dont need a little bitch, and outside of branch..michigan players are way overrated. Timmons would be a great fit for us, the guy is a monster and he seems to be tomlins favorite so far.

Getting a WR would be great, i just think OLB is way more of a need, but i wouldnt be mad if we got Meachum, Bowe or Ginn....i know we have Santonio already, but him and ginn...thats some serious speed on the field, could be really special.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Yeah if Bush, Hunt, or Leonard are they're i would like that pick (and in that order) I think Kenny Irons can be great if he stays healthy along with Bush. I like Smith alot but gonzoles is more of a 3rd or 4th rounder to me.
    i think gonzalas is VERY underrated, he is very very smart and runs a 4.3 40....he was used as a possesion guy all the time because he was overshadowed by ginn and holmes his entire college career...but he could be special

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I wouldn't be against a WR like Bowe in the first round. I don't want Ginn at all. I think Ginn is going to be a very good WR but we have that type of WR in Holmes already.

Now I think OLB is a bigger need and LB depth period is a bigger need then WR but I like drafting best player available instead of need.

After Gaines Adams and Willis the rest of the LB's in this draft doesn't excite me with the 15th pick. I would look to draft Woodley in the 2nd round and draft best player available in the first. Not unless the Steelers want to trade down and then draft Spencer/Moss. But I wouldn't look for Moss since his little weed troubles might force the Steelers to stay away from him.

I don't want Puz at all and I like Timmons at 15 but then I don't. Reports of him being flabby at his work out and the fact Drew Rosenhaus is his agent might play a role in the Steelers passing on him. I really couldn't see the Rooney's dealing with an agent like Rosenhaus. I know the guy represents over 90+NFL players but I don't think any of his clients plays for the Steelers. Maybe I'm way off on my Rosenhaus point but its just a thought.
    I agree with Most of that. I think you got something with the Rosenhuas thing. I LUV PUZ but in all honestly i think he would be a watse for us as a 1st rounder. He is more of a ILB in our defense and we cant afford to take a ilb in the 1st, too bad though cause i really think he is gonna be the next Urlacher... I not a huge Ginn Jr. fan as a WR right as he is now but i think it might be tempting as a returner paired w/ Reid and a guy that could compete for a 3-4 spot in the depth chart at WR. I like ALOT of second round type guys at LB... Woodley and Beason (might go late 1st) And Shaw at the end of the 2nd day

POKER LEGEND
    with us signing 2 fa linebackers i think that plays into the draft if the guy they want isnt there it gives them the option on taking best available i agree we need a lb but those 2 signings might throw a twist in this

i'd rather have abiamiri or johnson over woodely.....i think

Thread Information