View Poll Results: Which one is the best 1st rounder?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Willis

4 22.22%
  • Timmons

5 27.78%
  • Moss

2 11.11%
  • Spencer

7 38.89%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All jokes aside....pick one

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I would gamble and trade down for extra picks if we can still land Spencer in the First Round. Everything is risky when it comes to the Draft. I don't know what to believe.
    the thing is, thats a good idea, but we have to get a good home for those extra picks because we dont need extra picks...if we could trade around like crazy but trading down for more picks and trading those picks to move back up....but we need something to trade for lol...its kinda tough doin that because its not a guarantee that teams are gonna give you want you wnt for all these extra picks

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not even saying just spencer, whoever we want....i just hate the thought of "hoping" they are there a few spots down...no matter who it might be. im just gonna have to trust tomlin on picking the right guy and getting him no matter what it takes.

also, the reason i say reach is, when you put yourself in the players position...dont you think it would suck *** to have a team want you and not deem you worthy of there pick...i just see that as being a confindence crusher...jmo, i dont see the harm in drafting someone higher than what they are "worth" and giving them a few extra bucks as long as they come right in and play at the high level they are being paid to play at.....but they better, or else thats considered being ****ed over and thats when you bring up troy edwards
    You're the one bringing up Troy Edwards in this conversation not I. I havn't mentioned Troy Edward until now. You're putting to much stock in your confidence point. He still will be a first round pick. If a guy has confidence problems falling 5 or 6 picks in the first round then I don't think we would want that player. Plus its not like Spencer knows for certain the Steelers have any interest taking him at 15. I havn't heard the Steelers mentioned his name in any visits the last few weeks. So if they have interest in Spencer they're keeping quiet which is smart.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    the thing is, thats a good idea, but we have to get a good home for those extra picks because we dont need extra picks...if we could trade around like crazy but trading down for more picks and trading those picks to move back up....but we need something to trade for lol...its kinda tough doin that because its not a guarantee that teams are gonna give you want you wnt for all these extra picks
    The only reason I mention this I would like to get back in the first round or early second round. Again I only mention in conversation not saying this is a must. I want Gaines Adams and I want the Steelers to trade up to get him. Its not going to happen but I still like talking about it.

House of Steel
    I hear you. The whole game is a gamble. I can understand the sense of trading down, getting those picks, and then tempting a team in giving them extra picks to move up in the draft to get our guy. I all for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You're the one bringing up Troy Edwards in this conversation not I. I havn't mentioned Troy Edward until now. You're putting to much stock in your confidence point. He still will be a first round pick. If a guy has confidence problems falling 5 or 6 picks in the first round then I don't think we would want that player. Plus its not like Spencer knows for certain the Steelers have any interest taking him at 15. I havn't heard the Steelers mentioned his name in any visits the last few weeks. So if they have interest in Spencer they're keeping quiet which is smart.
    lol i bring up edwards because thats the bad side of reaching for someone, im trying to look at the good that can happen when you reach for a star player lol....i wish we did know who the steelers wanted in the first....damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The only reason I mention this I would like to get back in the first round or early second round. Again I only mention in conversation not saying this is a must. I want Gaines Adams and I want the Steelers to trade up to get him. Its not going to happen but I still like talking about it.
    everytime i hear gaines adams i think....damnit starks...why cant you be better lol

House of Steel
    What the hell is it with Adams being in the talks??? Convince me enough in your opinion why we should have him over Spencer????? Please.

DROP THE DAMN EDWARDS TALKS!!! THAT PAIN IN THE *** IS NO LONGER WITH US.

Gaines Adams is by far the best defensive player in the draft....by far, its not even close....he had an absolutely FLAWLESS combine and proday, he had a hell of a senior season and he could easily play DE full time because hes so strong or he could easily play OLB full time because hes so athletic.....he would be perfect for us.

Gaines Adams>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Spencer or ANY othe defenseive player

House of Steel
    Awwwww....cool....so why not trade up and throw Starks into the equation?

because i guess grimm doesnt love starks as much a starks loves grimm....to be honest i would be willing to trade faneca and swap 1st and 2nd rounders with AZ...then get adams and blalock...that would be GLORIOUS

Adams is the calvin johnson of defense

Thread Information