View Poll Results: Which one is the best 1st rounder?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Willis

4 22.22%
  • Timmons

5 27.78%
  • Moss

2 11.11%
  • Spencer

7 38.89%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: All jokes aside....pick one

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok where is this depth that everybody thinks we have at DE? There is Travis Kirschke who is in his early 30's and has a bad back.lol Oh there is Rodney Bailey. Enough said Rodeny Bailey.lol The starters are very good in Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel. But Smith is in his early 30's and Keisel is in his late 20s. The Steelers have tried to draft Dlineman in the last few drafts but none of them have panned out.

Now I totally agree that LB period is the biggest need and I would address WR and OLine before DE. But the Steelers better start thinking about adding something to their DE rotation. There isn't much behind the starters and there isn't no future replacements waiting in the wings either.

Which leads me back to Adam Carriker. If he is the best available at 15 then it wouldn't be retarded to draft him. He is a very good football player is can play DE both in a 3-4 and 4-3 scheme. Plus could play DT in a 4-3.

I think the focus is to much on need. I only care that the Steelers draft good football players period. The only positions the Steelers should totally avoid in the first round are QB,RB,TE,K and P.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i don't see no one talking about depth.............but it's still **** carriker, and if he's drafted i will hope for a complete bust and a 1-15 season and hope tomlin is fired by being a dumb ****
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i don't see no one talking about depth.............but it's still **** carriker, and if he's drafted i will hope for a complete bust and a 1-15 season and hope tomlin is fired by being a dumb ****
    Train brought up we had a decent rotation of Dlineman. I only point out that Kirschke is getting up there and has bad back and Rodney Bailey is just worthless. I don't see much depth behind the starters at DE. The DE's we have drafted the last few drafts havn't panned out. Players like Shaun Nua and Orien Harris have flamed out. All I'm saying lets say Aaron Smith starts slowing down since he is in his 30's. Who is there to take his place? Nobody as of right now. The Steelers better start thinking about adding some young talent at the DE spot. With their late round picks not panning out at DE is really hurting the depth at DE.

But whatever man I can careless if you agree with me just come up with a better reponse then that lameass reponse of **** Carriker.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    did they flame out?? or was it the fact that our coach was one of the most overrated coaches ever??? sure he was a good motivator, but he got outcoached by everyone, unless you were a straight up good player theres no way you could've made it here cause there was no coaching to make players better..........................
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    did they flame out?? or was it the fact that our coach was one of the most overrated coaches ever??? sure he was a good motivator, but he got outcoached by everyone, unless you were a straight up good player theres no way you could've made it here cause there was no coaching to make players better..........................
    Very good points Koopa, see I respect your opinion and thats why I ask for more then just **** Carriker. I just want some insight bro.

Regardless if it was Cowher or not why players like Shaun Nua or Orien Harris havn't panned out the point is the Steelers would be smart to draft a DE at some point in this draft. Now I'm not screaming Adam Carriker at 15 trust me. I want players like Timmons, Willis, Bowe and many others before Carriker. Just saying I won't be uspet if the Steelers draft Adam Carriker.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would look for the Steelers to pick up a DL mid day 2 this year, then next year I'd look for us to draft maybe 2 of them, one on each day and start to build up some young fresh studs to get into the rotation. If our current 3 stay healthy there's no reason the 3 of them couldn't play together for atleast another 4 - 5 years...but that doesn't excuse us from building for the future or just getting depth in case of injury.

I like what Hoke brings to the table, he's a scrapper and a good NT to spell Casey.

there was someone in camp last year...vicks, or vickers or something, i heard he was an animal....but he didnt play....because thats what cowher does. nua and harris can be given up on, we all just need to focus that cowher hates rookies or any young guys with potential....for year being drafted in the 5-7th round must have been depressing since 90% got cut.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I would look for the Steelers to pick up a DL mid day 2 this year, then next year I'd look for us to draft maybe 2 of them, one on each day and start to build up some young fresh studs to get into the rotation. If our current 3 stay healthy there's no reason the 3 of them couldn't play together for atleast another 4 - 5 years...but that doesn't excuse us from building for the future or just getting depth in case of injury.

I like what Hoke brings to the table, he's a scrapper and a good NT to spell Casey.
    Yes Hoke is very good. He proved that in 2004 when he took over the starting NT spot in 2004 when Casey went down with his ACL injury. As for Kirschke the guy is solid backup at DE. I just think at anytime he can start to slow down and he has battled back injuries the last few years. As for Bailey, I think he is worthless.

It would be nice to throw some young blood in at that DE rotation. If not this year then next year is a must.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    there was someone in camp last year...vicks, or vickers or something, i heard he was an animal....but he didnt play....because thats what cowher does. nua and harris can be given up on, we all just need to focus that cowher hates rookies or any young guys with potential....for year being drafted in the 5-7th round must have been depressing since 90% got cut.
    Yea train but Hoke wasn't drafted and Keisel was a 7th round pick. So its not like late picks havn't made the team in the Cowher era. Plus Hoke, Keisel and Nua all went to BYU. What I'm saying Nua must not have shown nothing at all to not make the team since guys like Hoke and Keisel made it in the past. Plus went to the same college. Only reason I mentioned BYU the Steelers coaches like to look at Dline from BYU since they feel Dlineman from BYU fit the Steelers system well. I don't know is Nua still on the Steelers practice squad? Maybe this is the year he turns the corner. Which would be nice since it would be nice to have some young blood at DE.

The guy you're thinking of is Lee Vickers. Yes he has some talent but he must not have impressed that much. I wonder if he will be back at camp this year?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yes Hoke is very good. He proved that in 2004 when he took over the starting NT spot in 2004 when Casey went down with his ACL injury. As for Kirschke the guy is solid backup at DE. I just think at anytime he can start to slow down and he has battled back injuries the last few years. As for Bailey, I think he is worthless.

It would be nice to throw some young blood in at that DE rotation. If not this year then next year is a must.

Bailey had potential for a year or so before he left, then he came back and hasn't done much with the time he's gotten. I agree some youth will need to be infused in the backup roles very soon.

Thread Information