Thread: Hampton looking to become more of a leader

Bookmark and Share

Hampton looking to become more of a leader

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
    Steelers | Hampton looking to become more of a leader
    Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:34:50 -0700

Teresa Varley, of Steelers.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers DT Casey Hampton will look to take on more of a leadership role after the departure of LB Joey Porter in the offseason. "With Joey gone I will be a lot more vocal and say what I need to say," Hampton said. "Since I have been here I have definitely not said anything. I have said a few things. I get on guys when I need to. I like doing that. That was Joey's thing, so I let him do his thing. Now I will talk more."
    All these guys saying they are going to be more vocal has me thinking there might be more Chiefs than Indians?

I think this is great for the Steelers Casey waited his turn to be a leader and now he gets to be one. Hes a funny, charasmatic guy and im sure he'll make a big impact and this defence.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-06-2007 at 07:00 PM.

This is definitely good to hear... I would guess he is one of the most respected players in the lockeroom.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The more guys that offer to step up the better IMO. We'll have more than enough guys that won't be the vocal leaders so we need everybody we can get to step up the plate.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Its great to hear Casey saying all this but its one thing to say it and another to actually do it. Vocal leaders are natural born, you can't just say it and do it. Its gotta come naturally, but at least we got guys who know what needs to happen. I'm sure we had a few guys who were chomping at the bit to be vocal last year but Joey being there shouldn't have stopped them from speaking up. Leaders don't just sit in the background and let someone else do the talkin, leaders step up no matter what time it is and do something. Even a rookie can be a leader, its about knowing what needs to be done and how to get it done.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Casey has some fire to him, he's been known to shoot his mouth off now and then. He's got a temper on the field too which Ive always liked. If he can step up the motivational factor of his game it should serve us really well.

Thread Information