Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quinn pays visit to the Browns, his team of choice

Bookmark and Share

Quinn pays visit to the Browns, his team of choice

BEREA, Ohio (AP) Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn dressed in a light orange shirt for his visit to the Cleveland Browns. If he gets his wish, he'll soon have a matching orange helmet.

Quinn, who grew up in Dublin, Ohio, has said he wants to play for the Browns, the team he rooted for as a kid. On Thursday, he spent a few hours touring the team's headquarters and interviewing with coaches.

He arrived in Cleveland on Wednesday night and was taken to dinner by club officials.

The Browns have the No. 3 pick in this month's NFL draft, and they could use it to select Quinn, regarded as the second-best QB prospect behind LSU's JaMarcus Russell.

Russell visited the Browns on Wednesday as did Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, another player who could wind up with Cleveland.

Last month, Browns owner Randy Lerner, general manager Phil Savage and coach Romeo Crennel attended Quinn's workout in South Bend, Ind. The 6-foot-4, 227-pound Quinn, who didn't throw or run at the NFL Combine, was presumed to be the No. 1 overall pick. However, his stock began to fall during last season and he was bypassed in the eyes of most draft experts after Russell outplayed him in LSU's win over the Fighting Irish in the Sugar Bowl.

FULL STORY

I can't believe all these guys actually admitting they want to play for the Browns! Troy Smith has been quoted saying he wants to play for the Browns as well. I can understand being a big time QB and wanting to go to a place where you could start right away and hopefully turn a franchise around, but to actually say "I want to the play for the Browns" I don't think I would ever let those words roll off my tongue!

nah they dont want to play for the browns, they want 3rd overall pick money

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    nah they dont want to play for the browns, they want 3rd overall pick money
    lol smith is looking lucky to get third round right about now so i think he'll take anything.
    I hope Brady Quinn goes to the browns so we can beat up on him twice a year
    It's ok Bungles, alot of teams confuse one win against the Steerlers in a season as a super bowl berth....

The Steelers....keeping their eyes on the real prize since the 70's

funny vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kle_m3TtMaU

House of Steel
    Let him go to Cleveland, He is going to wish after one season, he never let that damn thing roll of his tongue after the punishment we give him. We will give him a rude welcome to the NFL when he enters that STEEL FURANCE of a Defense. Muahahahaha.

He'll find out soon enough that the luck of the Irish can't help him wearing brown.

BuFu

damn, Quinn has alot of tatlent, and hes going to the browns?! poor soul. me must have fallen on his head.
    black and gold born, black and gold bred
    when i die, i will be black and gold dead

thanks HOS for the sig!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Browns are still pretty high on French Frye so they may go OL with this pick or even RB since Rueben Jones is nothing special. Then again this is the Browns we're talking about here. Every big draft pick they get is either a bust or gets injured all the time...

House of Steel
    You mean RB Adrian Peterson??? You know their pick is going to be a bust no matter who it is, GOD FORBID it would be Joe Thomas or POLS.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Peterson is regarded as the best overall RB in the draft so don't be surprised if they do go RB or OL in the first round.

Thread Information