Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Willis

Bookmark and Share
    yeah i hear ya, i wouldnt be upset...but i would prefer Timmons, not because of the OLB tag thats on him....just read and you understand why, both are great players and could essentially play inside or outside. but imo,

Timmons>>>>Willis, not by a ton, but just read and compare

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah i hear ya, i wouldnt be upset...but i would prefer Timmons, not because of the OLB tag thats on him....just read and you understand why, both are great players and could essentially play inside or outside. but imo,

Timmons>>>>Willis, not by a ton, but just read and compare
    you can't really read and compare because they are scouted in different areas

look at the stats, timmons only has 2 more sacks on him, and willis has a million more tackles
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    After a year backing up as a freshman, Willis began to emerge as one of college football’s best linebackers. As a sophomore in 2004, he finished the year with 70 tackles, 11 for loss, and five sacks. When Ed Orgeron took over in 2005, it allowed Willis to be free to make more plays, and he came through with 128 tackles, 9.5 for loss, with three sacks on his way to All American honors. He did it once again as a senior, this time earning the Butkus Award and SEC Defensive Player of the Year honors after posting 137 tackles, 11.5 for loss, and three sacks.

Patrick Willis is the complete package at linebacker. He has the toughness, instincts, and run stopping ability to play inside, but the athleticism, speed, and cover ability to play outside. He is quick to react to the play, and flies to the ball carrier with authority. Willis also shows the ability to play in space and read the quarterback, and the cover ability to stick with backs and tight ends. He is a mature football player, and a team leader.

The only real question with Willis is that he may need to get a little bigger to play inside at the next level. While he is not small, he will need more bulk on his frame to take on blockers and withstand the beating he will take in the NFL.

Patrick Willis is a standout linebacker, and could be a pro bowler in the NFL for many years. He has an excellent shot at landing in the Top 20, and with good workouts, could be the first linebacker selected.
    also don't get me wrong, i wouldn't mind timmons at all, i'm just saying if willis is there i wouldn't mind taking him first either, i think willis might be gone though...........

timmons
    Timmons did not see much action as a freshman, but became Ernie Sims’ primary backup as a sophomore, and contributed 35 tackles, 3.5 for loss, and three sacks on the year. With Sims moving on, Timmons had his time to shine, and he took full advantage of it. As a junior, he had 79 tackles, 18 for loss, five sacks, and an interception.

Playmaker is the best word that describes Timmons as a player. Whether he is attacking the line of scrimmage, rushing the passer, or dropping into coverage, he has shown the ability to make big plays in all facets of the game. He’s an excellent athlete that plays with big time intensity. He is aggressive on the field and flies all over the place to make plays. Timmons is a very good athlete that can really run.

Timmons has a lean frame and will have to pack on more weight at the next level. His lack of bulk can give him some problems getting off blocks and bringing down bigger backs and tight ends in the open field. Sometimes he is too aggressive and will run himself out of plays as a result.

Lawrence Timmons has a ton of upside at the next level. He only has one year of starting experience, and is not a finished product. He is still a very good player right now, who could wreak havoc on the weakside in the NFL. He has the physical talent to really climb in the post season, and the first round could be his ultimate destination.

ok, but just the way the describe them

Willis is a reliable tackler....timmons is a vicious tackler
    willis is good in pass rushing....timmons is explosive and an excellent blitzer
    both have great instints and ar sideline to sideline players
    Willis has adequate civerage but nothing special....timmons has fluid hips and is excellent in coverage

it just sounds like timmons is a winner

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ok, but just the way the describe them

Willis is a reliable tackler....timmons is a vicious tackler
    willis is good in pass rushing....timmons is explosive and an excellent blitzer
    both have great instints and ar sideline to sideline players
    Willis has adequate civerage but nothing special....timmons has fluid hips and is excellent in coverage

it just sounds like timmons is a winner
    it also says timmons plays to aggressive and runs him self out of plays, i rather have a sure tackle then a jacked up highlight guy that might miss tackles trying to hard......... they are both good players, but i rather have willis if there, if not then i rather have the best OLB prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    it also says timmons plays to aggressive and runs him self out of plays, i rather have a sure tackle then a jacked up highlight guy that might miss tackles trying to hard.
    troy does the same ****, i dont have any complaints about him lol

WTF!!!!! can we just get the draft over with!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    troy does the same ****, i dont have any complaints about him lol

WTF!!!!! can we just get the draft over with!!!!!!!!!!
    and that pisses me off beyond belief, i ****ing hate when troy goes in for the sure tackle but he wants to be retarded and ****ing misses like a dick head lol............ **** a highlight reel is what i say, play smart, play hard, go for the for sure tackles not the espn tackles.......

i like the pointless arguing about players that would be good no matter who came here lol

lol its not like were arguing about scrubs, both of these guys are gonna be superstars.....damn the offseason lol

Willis can definitely run and hit with the best of them, but there are some other linebackers I would rather have.

Thread Information