Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Willis

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Did I say Farrior wasn't any good? No I didn't but his age could start to catch up to him at anytime so it would be nice to have some young talent at the ILB spot to. I'm not saying drafting Willis is a must but if he is the best available player at 15 it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Come on Train just trying to have a good conversation without the Fbombs all the time.
    lol i was talking to koopa....sorry

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol i was talking to koopa....sorry
    Just joking with you bro.

im just saying, we dont want to take Willis in the first because hes there and end up with Quentin Moses in the second because we need an OLB and hes all thats left

My Mood
    Mad
    im just saying, we dont want to take Willis in the first because hes there and end up with Quentin Moses in the second because we need an OLB and hes all thats left
    Thats why I mentioned Willis in the first and Woodley in the second. I'm with you I don't want Moses at all so **** Moses.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    farrior isnt getting younger but hes still a ****ing beast...i mean willis could play inside because farrior can play outside as well, i just dont see how willis>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else, because i think Adams and timmons are just as good if not better and they are what we are looking for.

**** willis

EDIT: Adams is better than every defensive player in the draft
    ok, adams is a DE he can play OLB, but he's a DE and will play DE for the team that drafts him early...............

also, i wasn't bringing him up because well he's impossible to get so no point in bringing him up........i was basically saying he's better then the other lb prospects available to us at 15

timmons isn't better then willis........... you just see OLB next to timmons and think he's better.......... also willis could play outside too, he's athletic enough to do and be productive..............
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    ok, adams is a DE he can play OLB, but he's a DE and will play DE for the team that drafts him early...............

also, i wasn't bringing him up because well he's impossible to get so no point in bringing him up........i was basically saying he's better then the other lb prospects available to us at 15

timmons isn't better then willis........... you just see OLB next to timmons and think he's better.......... also willis could play outside too, he's athletic enough to do and be productive..............
    I think Willis can be an explosive pass rusher like Kendrell Bell was before Bell became injury prone and turned into a pussy. Plus Bell was an ILB just like Willis is.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    you just see OLB next to timmons and think he's better.
    see, thats not how it is, ive seen both guys play and read up on both of them, i think Timmons would fit better in our system, Willis is good, but he is more of a LB the eagles would look for imo
    Last edited by K Train; 04-06-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Strengths:
    A very good athlete...Has excellent instincts...Good speed and quickness with the range to go sideline-to-sideline...A big hitter and reliable tackler...Is strong and powerful...Was extremely productive...Versatile and could conceivably play either inside or outside...Good pass rusher on blitzes...Tough guy who will do whatever it takes to get on the field...Hard worker and a leader with top-notch intangibles.

Weaknesses:
    Moves well and is adequate in coverage but nothing special and he can still stand to improve in that area...Needs to bulk up and get a little bigger...Plays too high at times...Gets overwhelmed by massive blockers...Has some durability concerns.

i guess he could be an option....i dunno, i dont think were that interested in him

that was willis, heres timmon....more impressive if you ask me
    Strengths:
    Outstanding natural athlete...Great speed and quickness...Explosive with a burst to close...Has the frame to get add weight and he plays big...An outstanding pass rusher...Has fluid hips and is excellent in coverage...Versatile and could play in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme...Vicious hitter and tackler...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Is physical and aggressive...A playmaker who is always around the ball...Still has a ton of potential and there is really no telling just how good he may ultimately be.

Weaknesses:
    Has only one year of starting experience...Raw and needs work from a technique standpoint...Has some trouble shedding blocks and he doesn't use his hands all that well...May lack ideal instincts and awareness due to inexperience...Needs to continue bulking up and getting stronger...Will get by on his athleticism at times.

Notes:
    Was overshadowed by the likes of Ernie Sims, Buster Davis and A.J. Nicholson for most of his college career...Finally got a chance to start in '06 and made the most of the opportunity...Rare physical specimen who just might eventually be a better player than Sims, a former #9 overall pick...Upside is the key word because he is not a finished product but if he lives up to that promise this guy could be special.

My Mood
    Mad
    Train I'm not disagreeing at all that Timmons wouldn't be a good pick also. Just saying Willis is a very good player as well and he would be a good pick to. I know he is an ILB but so was Kendrell Bell and Bell was a very good blitzer his first couple years with the Steelers. I think Willis is alot like Bell. Just my opinion. I agree OLB is the bigger need but if Willis was drafted by the Steelers then I wouldn't be upset at all by that move. We LB depth period.

Thread Information