View Poll Results: Who's job would be more threatened?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian McFadden

4 25.00%
  • Ike Taylor

12 75.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If we draft a CB in the first round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    IMO,we'll draft a CB but can't see it in the first 3 rds.Townsand is a role model and w/out him, who do we have,Madison,Colclough,Iwuoma? (niether could step up to be starters though good enough for ST) no one that could bring experience to the team.
    oh i know we'll get a corner eventually but the question was about drafting one in the first round, which we will not do
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    oh i know we'll get a corner eventually but the question was about drafting one in the first round, which we will not do

I would not be so bold as to make a statement like that. If they went with something other than a OLB I would be upset about it but as fans we have to trust that the front office knows what it is doing. Whatever they may do, it will be a part of a bigger plan or strategy that we may not be privy to. You may rant and rave about the picks we made and then the team could come out of the gate kickin a** and then who would look like the bigger fool? The front office that executed a plan that is working, or the fan that forecasted the teams demise? Tomlin and Colbert have been watching 100's of hours of game film analyzing each and every player and position. They know what our weaknesses were last year and you can be sure of that. They may have a darkhorse player that nobody else is looking at stashed away until the draft is over, who knows? Until we see the 2007 team in action we really won't know what we have and if last years weaknesses have been fixed. Lets hope that they are!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    there's no impact corners in this draft, just a bunch of overhype ****, hall will be a bust, revis played for a **** school, houston is just another player ppl are trying to hype up in a weak corner class..........

i guarantee you we will NOT draft a corner at number 15...............

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok I don't understand the **** school knock on Revis?lol Hell Rashean Mathis went to Bethune-Cookman and he is one of the best corners in the NFL.

Hall is a bitch, im sorry i see nothing special there. Houston and Revis are good imo, Hughes and the guy from fresno are good, second rounders there. This is a terrible class for corners, as was last year. Tim Mixon in the 5th round and were set lol

Gold Standard
    Only 5 positions can be absolutely ruled out for this years first round IMO.
    They are: QB, S, P, K, NT

I think every other position could be considered in play.

I would like the picks to go in the following order:

DAY 1
    OLB
    RB
    WR

DAY 2
    P
    CB
    OT
    ILB
    FB
    OG
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok I don't understand the **** school knock on Revis?lol Hell Rashean Mathis went to Bethune-Cookman and he is one of the best corners in the NFL.
    oh i just wanted to talk **** about pitt, cause i don't like that school, cause i don't like the weak *** conference pitt plays in, cause i hate revis and his overratedness.......so **** pitt, **** revis, **** this corner class....................... and **** anyone that thinks we need a corner in the first round

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hall is a bitch, im sorry i see nothing special there. Houston and Revis are good imo, Hughes and the guy from fresno are good, second rounders there. This is a terrible class for corners, as was last year. Tim Mixon in the 5th round and were set lol
    houston and revis will be nothing special in the nfl, they may be good, but they ain't better then what we have and not worthy of being picked at 15.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    I would say Townsend gets cut. He's a Cowher guy, on the downside of his career.
    If we were to sign another CB I think Townsend is the odd man out at this point. he's a veteran and a good presence on the team, I like him alot but he'd be the odds on favorite in my mind to be on the hot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if we draft a corner back, which we won't, then tomlin and colbert are the ones that need to be replaced...................... i put ike just to play along, but neither is gonna be replaced, tomlin is gonna turn ike's career around, even though he only had one bad year, which was pretty much a sophomore slump if anything, to give up on him only after his second year of starting is just retarded......... and mcfadden is gonna be crucial next year........and i like townsend, he adds nice depth and experience to help out the young guys
    i gotta agree. i think one of the reasons the steelers hired tomlin (one of many) is because he convinced them he can turn the cb corps into a solid unit and not make them look like fools for giving ike a big contract. were not drafting a qb to replace ben, i see no reason to draft a cb to replace ike or mcfadden. maybe theyre better suited as zone corners as opposed to cover corners anyways.

wasnt chad scott our last cb taken in the 1st round?

Thread Information