Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Faneca Trade a Possibility...

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724

Faneca Trade a Possibility...

God this makes me sad.....

I know it's just rumors at this point...guess we will know within 24 hours.....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6737832

It's the season of the trade rumor. And with the draft this weekend, separating fact from fiction is tough to do.

Here's a few deals we would make.

Alan Faneca to the Cardinals
    Faneca, who I believe will be looked at as a potential Hall of Famer player when he retires, is a free agent at the end of the 2007 campaign. He currently isn't working out with his teammates in Pittsburgh. Faneca not only wants more money, he is still a bit raw that the club hired Mike Tomlin as opposed to his old position coach Russ Grimm or old offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt.

Well, Whisenhunt is now coaching the Cardinals and brought Grimm along with him to turn around the Arizona offensive line.

And with guards now making tackle money the last few years in free agency (Steve Hutchinson, Derrick Dockery, Eric Steinbach, Kris Dielman), Faneca is going to get paid handsomely next year. And it's not the Steelers way to pay him.

It's a new era for Steelers football with Tomlin. And it's obvious that Faneca isn't thrilled to be a part. And with his contract up, combined with the market for guards, the chances are slim to none that Faneca plays for the 2008 Steelers.

I'd trade Faneca to the Cardinals for a second rounder this year and next year. With that high second-round pick, I'd take Ryan Kalil.

And from an Arizona perspective, it's time to win. You didn't hire Whisenhunt to rebuild. The talent is there. The deal would vastly improve the offensive line. And in talking to scouts, they believe Faneca has 4-5 years left playing at the clip he's at right now.

The Cardinals would be guaranteed to get either Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas in round 1, with an all-pro guard being their second-round pick.

Denver's Nos. 21, 56, 70 for Houston's No. 10I know Mike Shanahan is itching to deal. He was thrilled when we talked at the owner's meetings that he was able to get Travis Henry and Dre Bly without relinquishing a day 1 pick. And with the talent compiled by Shanahan and Ted Sundquist in Denver, they need an impact player as opposed to several bodies.

And Nebraska defensive end Adam Carriker fits exactly what the Broncos are looking for. Shanahan could also pick Patrick Willis.

Denver would still have a third-rounder to add depth.

From a Houston standpoint, this would be a brilliant move. The Texans need those bodies and can collect important parts. At pick 21, they could draft Joe Staley. Or take a receiver (Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem, Dwayne Jarrett) opposite Andre Johnson. Or take Aaron Ross, who I think could end up being a better player than Leon Hall, who might just be the Houston selection if the Texans stayed at 10.

And with the extra picks, Houston could address the defensive backfield (Josh Wilson, Tanard Jackson), receiver (Sidney Rice, Jason Hill), offensive line (Ryan Harris, Doug Free, Andy Alleman), or defensive line (Tank Tyler, Quentin Moses) on day 1.

And remember, the Texans, as per the compensation for Matt Schaub, don't have a second-round pick.

This possibility was first reported in the Tuesday edition of the Denver Post and is starting to gain steam.

Michael Turner to Green Bay for No. 16
    I've put a lot of thought into this. And I've talked to a lot of people in the league about it.

Between 2007 and 2011, Michael Turner will be a much better running back than Marshawn Lynch. And with his combination of hands, speed, and power, Turner is a perfect fit in the Packers system. And I have major questions about Lynch's durability and character.

Ted Thompson did a brilliant job in last year's draft and Mike McCarthy played a lot of the rookies, who will be very much ahead of the curve in 2007. If you trade for Turner, you have to sign him and the Packers have plenty of cap room. Right now Vernand Morency and Noah Herron top the depth chart at running back. That won't cut it.

If A.J. Smith could make this deal, he'd be a genius. The general manager would get a mid first-round pick for a player who won't be a Charger in 2008. And he could take a safety (Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson) or a receiver (Dwayne Bowe, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn Jr., Robert Meachem) at 16 and address the other position at the end of round one (Anthony Gonzalez, Steve Smith, Jarrett if he falls, Brandon Meriweather).

Josh McCown to Oakland for fifth-rounder
    This will happen. And I still firmly believe that the Raiders will draft JaMarcus Russell. But McCown gives them experience at quarterback. He'd be a perfect fit in Greg Knapp's offense with his athleticism and rocket arm.

I'm all over trading Faneca to get something. If we don't he leaves next year and we don't get ****.

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Faneca is always bi***ing about something. In 2004 he sai something about Roethlisberger, and now he wants more dough.

House of Steel
    I called this Arizona trade of Faneca for draft picks either this draft or next year's draft. I knew I wasn't full of ****.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Steeler View Post
    Faneca is always bi***ing about something. In 2004 he sai something about Roethlisberger, and now he wants more dough.
    How is he ALWAYS bitching about something...he has been here for almost 10 years, and we have 3 "quotes" of him "bitching".

Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I called this Arizona trade of Faneca for draft picks either this draft or next year's draft. I knew I wasn't full of ****.
    Actually in this thread: All jokes aside....pick one KTrain called this trade in post #30
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    because i guess grimm doesnt love starks as much a starks loves grimm....to be honest i would be willing to trade faneca and swap 1st and 2nd rounders with AZ...then get adams and blalock...that would be GLORIOUS

Adams is the calvin johnson of defense
    Then you followed up in post #31 saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    HEY YOU GOT A GREAT PLAN, damn why don't we just show up in New York and do the draft for the Steelers. LMAO. I would force Arizona to take that damn trade too.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 04-27-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Actually in this thread: All jokes aside....pick one KTrain called this trade in post #30

The you followed up in post #31 saying:

BUSTED!!! lol

My Mood
    Horny
    well as much as i like feneca if he is not happy to be here trade his a$$!!!

House of Steel
    I thought I did, maybe he did. I will shut up.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'll believe it when I see it, rumors are rumors. If we trade him then I hope we get the chance to take a Guard with the potential to step in pretty quickly. The thought of going into 2007 with 4 out 5 new starters on the OL is not an appealing scenario for a team like us who's coming off a subpar year.

Thread Information