Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More pre draft visits.....2 WR's

Bookmark and Share
    first day is ok, if we could land some stud in the 3rd...that would be cool, with our new spread offense idea we need some more depth...not 1st round though...please

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    Like we need a another WR , Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes , Nate Washington are fine and there still Cedric Wilson .... I dont know what id do but no body better be near me if we even take a WR on the first day
    Nate Washington is too inconsistant for my liking, he has flashes of greatness in between long stretches of nothingness. His season high was 4 catches in one game and 49 yards in another, thats not so great. Cedrick Wilson has been a bust since he got here. I almost hate him. Wilson needs to be cut. I think Nate is a solid number 4 if we are going to go to this 4-wide set more often. Is Reid a Number 3 WR!?!?!? are any of our recievers honestly over 6'2''-6'3'' (im really not sure about that)!?!?! We need a redzone threat, unless Miller steps up bigtime in that department. I dont know guess im alone on this which really i dont care, i'd happy to see either of the Dwayne's or Meacham in the black and gold this year!!!

meachem, id be happy, but tall WRs are overrated...ive said it all along. Harrison and wayne arnet even 6' are they, santonio is gonna be a badass and ward just has game straight up no matter how big he is, hes a vicious redzone threat....always open. Miller will step up, all we have to do is tell him to, hes a beast and should get more touches (damnit cowher)...washington, how are you gonna give up on him, he also had a QB who was broken half the season and a coach who didnt give a **** about anything....he could still end up being great, hes a leaper, and hes 6'1...i like what he brings, we just need to toughen him up.

**** Wilson, his house can burn down that mother****er is costing us to much money.

If by some strange reason we went WR in the first round, assuming its not calvin johnson i would want bowe or meachem...nufced

I havent "given up" on washington, my problem is if we dont draft a WR we have to rely on him and Reid to play the 3 and 4 spots, which this season, apparently, is gonna be used more. Im not sure how well this is gonna work. I would like to see the draft a tall possetion guy to compete for the 3 or 4 right now. i think you would agree Reid and Washington are probley gonna be better sooner than a 4th or higher round WR unless by some miracle we draft the next Colston in the later rounds. I dont se much think some of the guys we are looking for at OLB/DE are gonna be around in the 2nd. Same w/ interior OL. I dont think too many of the wide outs we have been talking about are gonna be around after the mid 2nd round. But whatever, i just hope we dont waste the 1st pick on a CB, then what the hell are we gonna do w/ Ike and new contact we just signed him to in'06. There arent any 15 ick worthy OL, and theLB market is flooded and it has been proven great 3-4 OLB's tend to come in th later rounds. I hope we choose wisely... 1st rounders should be consistant contributers once they get their start, not just some LB or CB taking up roster space.

USC steve smith is also scheduled for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    USC steve smith is also scheduled for a visit.
    thats what i like to hear

Add another to the list...

Illinois State wide receiver Laurent Robinson, who improved his draft stock with an impressive performance at the NFL Scouting Combine, visited the Steelers South Side facility Thursday.

Robinson (6-2, 199) ran the 40 in 4.38 seconds at the Combine and had a 39-inch vertical jump.

He caught 86 passes for 1,465 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2005, but was limited to 40 catches for 718 yards with seven TDs last season after missing four games with an ankle injury.

link: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dail.../s_501349.html

6-2 there you go for those of you who insist WRs have to be tall, hes not quite Calvin johnson but i guess it will have to do

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Robinson could be around in the 2nd to 3rd rounds as well. This kid has the skills to be a good player.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Robinson could be around in the 2nd to 3rd rounds as well. This kid has the skills to be a good player.
    If he's there in the 3rd round he'd definitely be an option. He's got the size and speed to be a good threat for us. As long as we address the OLB and OL on day 1 I'd be happy with a WR or RB pick on day 1 to round out a solid 3 picks. Whichever we don't choose on day 1 then we'd try for in the 4th round.

Thread Information