View Poll Results: Who's job would be more threatened?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brian McFadden

4 25.00%
  • Ike Taylor

12 75.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If we draft a CB in the first round

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

If we draft a CB in the first round

I already know that most of us would not be happy with a corner taken in the first round. If we did take a corner like Darrell Revis or Chris Houston, who's job do you think would be more in jeopardy?

I think Ike would be the one who needed to worry. I realize that he was just re-signed but forget about the money, who is the better cover corner? I like McFadden better. Ike has just been posterized too many times for me to give him the nod over McFadden.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 04-05-2007 at 09:59 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I voted Ike. I think McFad has the potential to be a very good CB. I like Ike, but IMO his days might be numbered in the burgh regardless of his paycheck. But on another side, because of his contract, Deshea might be the one on the hot seat. Ike is still young, so he still might be 'trainable' under Tomlin.

I would say Townsend gets cut. He's a Cowher guy, on the downside of his career.

That's actually a tough question, but I went with Ike because he seems to get more burned than McFadden. Plus Ike can't close the deal when he goes for a pick.

ok ike had like 3 down games and he got benched, the whole team sucked ***, cowher didnt give a **** and sucked the confidence right out of him. Tomlin says he really likes ike. I would have to say mcfadden only because hes started like 4 games, it would probably be his job base solely on inexpierience. BUT i dont beleive there is a corner good enough to come in a start right away over these 2 guys and if tomlin drafted a corner in the first i would lose some respect for him right away because that would be him doubting his ability to work with the obvious talent that we have. Mabey get a corner like Tim Mixon in the laster rounds and cut cocface but our starters will probably be mcfadden and ike.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I say neither because Townsand should of been gone last year. But then again, What other veteran do you got?
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

townsend had a decent year, i dont want him starting this year though

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    if we draft a corner back, which we won't, then tomlin and colbert are the ones that need to be replaced...................... i put ike just to play along, but neither is gonna be replaced, tomlin is gonna turn ike's career around, even though he only had one bad year, which was pretty much a sophomore slump if anything, to give up on him only after his second year of starting is just retarded......... and mcfadden is gonna be crucial next year........and i like townsend, he adds nice depth and experience to help out the young guys
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

i wont vote lol

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if we draft a corner back, which we won't, then tomlin and colbert are the ones that need to be replaced...................... i put ike just to play along, but neither is gonna be replaced, tomlin is gonna turn ike's career around, even though he only had one bad year, which was pretty much a sophomore slump if anything, to give up on him only after his second year of starting is just retarded......... and mcfadden is gonna be crucial next year........and i like townsend, he adds nice depth and experience to help out the young guys
    IMO,we'll draft a CB but can't see it in the first 3 rds.Townsand is a role model and w/out him, who do we have,Madison,Colclough,Iwuoma? (niether could step up to be starters though good enough for ST) no one that could bring experience to the team.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Thread Information