Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Faneca

Bookmark and Share
    POKER LEGEND

Alan Faneca

With Alan Faneca being a free agent after the 07 season why not try to trde him now word is that he is unhappy with the steelers unlikely to resign it would also cost a ton of money. I like alan he is one of the best if not the best at his position. All the more reason to trade him i would hate to see him stay then leave after the 07 season with us getting nothing in return. We have to think big picture not short term.

Just want tu see some replys' on what others think about this situation.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    might be a little difficult to trade faneca. If he insists that his new team signs him to an extension. As part of any deal.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

trade his *** along with our 15th, to AZ for there 5th overall pick adn second round pick.....then draft gaines adams and justin blalock

POKER LEGEND
    that would be really great if that happened

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've talked about this topic extensively, you'll find members on both sides of the fence on this one. Nobody knows for sure yet if Faneca is unhappy, Alan has not said anything to anybody about being unhappy so we cannot assume that he is. He normally doesn't come to Pittsburgh for off season workouts until he has to, he prefers to get ready on his own.

Alan is a team player, and I want him resigned. He's got at least another 3 good years left if not 4. Sign him to deal for 4 years with the option for 5, give him a fat signing bonus and then structure it so he gets a fair amount but also gets some incentives in there too so we don't get burnt. If we offer him a fair deal I think he'll take it. Remember Alan hasn't demanded any type of dollar figure yet, it's just his agent talking and trying to power play for a big deal. The dude is the best guard in the league and a leader on our team. We already are going to have a new Center, probably a new RG and RT as well so any stability we can get, especially with a guy like Faneca is a plus for us. The dude has earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

Alan is a team player, and I want him resigned. He's got at least another 3 good years left if not 4. Sign him to deal for 4 years with the option for 5, give him a fat signing bonus and then structure it so he gets a fair amount but also gets some incentives in there too so we don't get burnt. If we offer him a fair deal I think he'll take it. Remember Alan hasn't demanded any type of dollar figure yet, it's just his agent talking and trying to power play for a big deal. The dude is the best guard in the league and a leader on our team. We already are going to have a new Center, probably a new RG and RT as well so any stability we can get, especially with a guy like Faneca is a plus for us. The dude has earned it.
    NOOOOOOOOO!

for some reason "salary cap hell" just doesnt sound appealing. ive never seen faneca as a "leader", just a player who goes out and busts balls. if we push his poterntial signing money into the future we HAVE to cut him or hines, in order to sign ben, and that doesnt even address the huge money marvel smith, c. hampton is making, or what we do with simmons.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
    NOOOOOOOOO!

for some reason "salary cap hell" just doesnt sound appealing. ive never seen faneca as a "leader", just a player who goes out and busts balls. if we push his poterntial signing money into the future we HAVE to cut him or hines, in order to sign ben, and that doesnt even address the huge money marvel smith, c. hampton is making, or what we do with simmons.
    signing Faneca to a long term deal doesn't mean salary cap hell is on the way. We've not been in salary cap hell in the last 15 years since Cowher has been here. We cut it close every year and use every penny but we get the players we want. Simmons sucks, get rid of him and his salary. Nobody says we'd have to cut Hines or Alan to sign Ben or Troy. Alan is a leader on the team, everybody respects him. He may not be the rah rah leader but he does his talking on the field. You don't know how much money it would take to sign Faneca, only what his agent thinks he should get. Hines agent said he wanted 50 million but he said for a lot less and it all turned out to be a power play move by his agent..I believe this is the case with Alan too, he knows our way of thinking and he like the Steelers. If he wants to resign he'll do it for a lot less than what everybody thinks.

Tailgate Coordinator
    I wish somebody would find me 1 qoute from Faneca stating he is unhappy with the Steelers. He made a comment that he wanted Grimm to get the HC job, he was kinda hurt that Porter was let go. But never said that he was unhappy with the Steelers. And anyhow, what goofy team would trade, when they know that they can sign him out right the next year?

I'm A "Champion"

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    signing Faneca to a long term deal doesn't mean salary cap hell is on the way. We've not been in salary cap hell in the last 15 years since Cowher has been here. We cut it close every year and use every penny but we get the players we want. Simmons sucks, get rid of him and his salary. Nobody says we'd have to cut Hines or Alan to sign Ben or Troy. Alan is a leader on the team, everybody respects him. He may not be the rah rah leader but he does his talking on the field. You don't know how much money it would take to sign Faneca, only what his agent thinks he should get. Hines agent said he wanted 50 million but he said for a lot less and it all turned out to be a power play move by his agent..I believe this is the case with Alan too, he knows our way of thinking and he like the Steelers. If he wants to resign he'll do it for a lot less than what everybody thinks.
    "if he wants to resign..."

thats a big if. the ONLY reason we havent been in salary cap hell during the cowher era is because we let people like faneca walk to greener pastures w/o batting an eye.

odonnell
    brown
    green
    thigpen
    kirkland
    plaxico
    etc.

all these players wouldve liked to remain a steeler. what has faneca shown you that he does not want to cash in on a huge payday? is it just a fans hope, or has he come out and say hes willing to take less than market value to remain a steeler? faneca is just like the hundereds of players before him, who have switched teams for a bigger payday. unless you see something that makes him SO different? please clue me in. maybe im missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    I wish somebody would find me 1 qoute from Faneca stating he is unhappy with the Steelers. He made a comment that he wanted Grimm to get the HC job, he was kinda hurt that Porter was let go. But never said that he was unhappy with the Steelers. And anyhow, what goofy team would trade, when they know that they can sign him out right the next year?
    arizona could trade for him and sign him for a big contract and not worry about getting in a bidding war with seattle for his services. seattle is still regretting letting hutchinson go and tried to sign san diegos dielman for a huge deal. those are 2 potential teams with much more cap space than the steelers who are gonna drive up the price way beyond the budget the rooneys already have in mind.

if anyone doeant think the rooneys operate according to a budget, just look at what they were willing and unwilling to pay a sb winning head coach. or a veteran linebacker...

Thread Information