Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nfc

Bookmark and Share
    SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar

Nfc

Who do you guys think will win the NFC i say trhe cowboys if TO says healthy

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Drew is too inconsistent as a QB to take them to the promised land if you ask me. TO will certainly help them if he stays healthy and they have a pretty good OL to help but I don't think he'll be able to carry them when he needs to. I think Seattle is probably still the team to beat, and carolina is up there too.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'd have to say the Panthers if they stay healthy.

I really hate the NFC, because all the good teams (except the Seahawks and Panthers) are in the AFC. I would have to go with the Panthers, though.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Panthers stay healthy, They will be the team who loses to Pittsburgh in Miami if the Steelers are their on February 4

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
    Panthers stay healthy, They will be the team who loses to Pittsburgh in Miami if the Steelers are their on February 4
    No, no, no, not if they're there, when they're there.

The Panthers, I believe, are the team to beat. Close behind would be the Seahawks and Giants for me.

Big surprise here, I am going to go with the Hawks. But my angle is this: the Seahawks may or may not be the best team in the NFC, but I think they have the best shot at getting to the SB. They are returning most of their team and have decent people to fill most holes. And they are playing what appears to be right now one of the weakest schedules in the league. Two of the better non-divisional teams we play (Tampa and San Diego) are the last 2 games of the season and could very well be garbage time for one of the 3 teams involved in each game. The AFC division we play this year is the AFC West, which means our travel will be significantly less this year (a big deal when the closest teams are almost 1000 miles away) We only travel 3 times zones once this season, to Tampa Bay for our last game. I think that the schedule gives them an excellent chance of not only making the playoffs, but retaining home field advantage again. That means a lot in our conference. Almost invariably the 2 teams with the best record face eachother in the confrence finals in the NFC and we always like our chances at home.

Anyway, its a comforting theory for me right now. Week 3 and 4 (Giants and Bears) should give us a strong indication of whether last year was a fluke or not.
    Last edited by Hawk Believer; 08-28-2006 at 05:10 PM.

The Seahawks will be flirting with the Madden Curse this year, so I will need to bump them down a notch.

The Panthers added a veteran WR in Keyshawn Johnson who should compliment Steve Smith, as long as he can keep his mouth shut!

Bledsoe needs a backup behind him with the name of Brady before Dallas will win the NFC...

The Redskins need a QB!

Eli Manning isn't ready to take the Giants plus their D still needs to prove their worth.

I would put my money down on Carolina, they have been close a number of times and made some decent moves this off season.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Seattle no question is a very solid team and will have to be dealt with this year in the NFC I agree, and yes they gave the Steelers there toughest game out of all 4 playoff games last year that the Steelers played. However,playing that weak schedule can catch up with you sometimes in the playoffs or super bowl because eventually your going to have to play the big boys and see how you stack up against them. Im not saying thats why Seattle lost to the Steelers Im just making a point. I think Seattle has a chance to go to the super bowl I just dont think it will smooth sailing for them like it was so to speak last year.

That schedule last year for them was a joke. It wont be as easy this year for them. Its easy for everybody to pick either Seattle or Carolina but there is always going to be one surprise team who nobody talks about that always seems to emerge and come out of nowhere in the NFC it seems. I dont know who that will be this year but I think picking Carolina or Seattle to go to the Super Bowl is just too easy of a pick to make at this point. I want to wait and see before I make any predicitions.

Thread Information