Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SA Mock Draft Version 2

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 59th overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the New York Jets select:

Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame

HT: 6-4 WT: 267

The Jets need someone to solidify their pass rushing needs. They have a stout front line but there is something missing.

He has an elite blend of size and speed for his position. He has the speed to give chase downfield. His agility and footwork allow him to stunt and even drop back into coverage. He is a powerful and explosive player who delivers a pop off the line. His main pass rush technique is an outside speed rush that he can finish with a rip outside or a spin inside. He is a physical player who goes hard every snap and plays through the whistle. He still has upside left.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 60th overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft Miami Dolphins select:

Josh Beekman OG Boston College

HT: 6-1 WT: 313

Josh Beekman is a great run blocking RG for the Boston College Eagles. He has helped pave the way for a very successful running game for the past few seasons and more than held his own against the talented defensive lines of the ACC last season. As with all BC linemen Beekman is very technically sound and a hard worker. You will never see him take a play off and plays to the whistle on every down. He has tremendous strength for his size and does really well at using leverage to make his job easier.
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 04-28-2007 at 05:55 AM.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 61st overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Baltimore Ravens select:

Brandon Siler LB Florida

HT: 6-1 WT: 241

Brandon Siler has been a steadying force as a MLB since his true freshman year when he played in all 12 games and started 6 of them. He is all business when it comes to football. Siler has great size and a football body. He's naturally strong and fast, and shows good quickness and agility. He is a tremendous read and react player and makes all the playcalls on the field. Coaches have remarked that he's like another coach on the field. He's a hard-worker and a very intelligent player. He plays with a low pad level and is outstanding against the run. He can deliver a pop and can also be used on the blitz, seeing and getting through lanes quickly.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 62nd overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the San Diego Chargers select:

H.B. Blades LB Pittsburgh

HT: 5-10 WT: 236

Both outside spots are filled for now, but veteran inside linebackers Donnie Edwards and Randall Godfrey were allowed to test the free agent market.

Horatio Benedict Blades is a fiery, emotional true MIKE who never takes plays off, is 100% dedicated to football, and should push most current starting NFL MLBs for playing time early. An outstanding leader with great NFL bloodlines (father is Bennie Blades, both uncles played professionally as well.) H.B. is on the watch lists for the Bednarik, Lott, Lombarsi and Nagurski trophies. First team all-Big East two years running. Senior Bowl invitee. Compact and physical. Strong at the point of attack. Scrapes off blocks and fills very well. A true force in the running game. Decisive and fairly instinctive. Never gives up and will not let anyone around him give up either. Too much ability, productivity, character and "want to" to be ignored early in the draft.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 63rd overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the New York Jets select:

Rufus Alexander LB Florida

HT: 6-0 WT: 228

The Jets LB unit isn't necessarily lacking for talent, but most of the linebackers are holdovers from former coach Herman Edwards' Tampa-Two scheme who play like square pegs forced into round holes in Eric Mangini's hybrid 3-4 system.

Rufus Alexander is a productive, athletic linebacker out of Christian Life HS (Baton Rouge, LA). After leading his team to two district titles and being named as an all-state selection, he was considered one of the top 20 outside linebackers in the country by most prep scouts.

He received scholarship offers from Texas, LSU, and Ole Miss, but he chose to sign with Oklahoma. After the start of his career was slowed by a redshirt year and a knee surgery, he earned the starting job in the 2004 season, and he produced immediately. The past three seasons his production has stayed at a consistently high level, and he has been a impact player and leader for the Oklahoma defense. He is a rangy linebacker who can cover ground from sideline to sideline. He has the speed and agility to play man coverage on possession receivers and faster tight ends. He reads the play well and navigates well in traffic to locate the ball. He is an excellent tackler who hits with force and wraps up. His open field tackling is also excellent. He has enough production and athleticism to overcome his lack of ideal size, making him a mid-second round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    With the 64th overall pick of the 2007 SA Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Steve Smith WR USC

HT: 5-11 WT: 197

Joey Galloway's resurgence in Jon Gruden's system has been remarkable, but the veteran receiver will turn 36 in November and won't outrun Father Time forever. And while Michael Clayton is a better player than he's shown the past two seasons, it's possible that he'll never be more than a solid No. 2 receiver.

A Pac-10 Honorable mention in 2005. Started 3 years for USC. Been apart of 4 different powerful USC offenses. Only lost 4 collegiate games in his career. Steve is Mr. Consistency. He has started 15 games going into his Senior season. He shows up big time for Bowl games. In the 2005 Orange Bowl he racked up 7 balls for 113 yards with 3 TD's. He has glue-like hands and is very quick.

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

Thread Information