Thread: NAJEH DAVENPORT

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    it doesnt even have to be a bruiser...just a good RB would suffice
    In total agreement.

everyone seems to want the next bus....isnt gonna happen, if the next RB to tear up the turf at heinz field is chris henry or garrett wolfe then so be it...the bus was a one of a kind player, cant just replace him with any big man carrying the football

nobody can ever be the next bus. But a running back with the amount of power in one of Jerome Bettis fingers is the type of guy I would like to see in black and gold.
    Last edited by BRICKTOWN BEAST; 04-03-2007 at 07:59 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I like Davenport and I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt to see what he can do now that he's been with us for a year. He came in after the season was started, and then didn't even play for a month after that. I think he's got potential so Im anxious to see what he's got. He is an added bonus in the return game.

I still want us to draft a RB that is a pure power guy just so we have options this year and we're not stuck if somebody doesnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I like Davenport and I think we owe him the benefit of the doubt to see what he can do now that he's been with us for a year. He came in after the season was started, and then didn't even play for a month after that. I think he's got potential so Im anxious to see what he's got. He is an added bonus in the return game.

I still want us to draft a RB that is a pure power guy just so we have options this year and we're not stuck if somebody doesnt work out.
    i like Najeh as well, lets give him a year and see what he's got as solid number 2 back this year

Starter
    I think it would be sweet if we could get michael turner off a trade or free agency.

wow for a first and 3rd round pick....i'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by BRICKTOWN BEAST View Post
    I never said Davenport was a bruiser but when he gets his 4 n inches first down next year (I TOLD YOU SO). But I would love to see another bus in our backfield but not this year unless its TONY HUNT. and since were on the subject of bruisers, Brandon Jacobs of the Giants... is nothing more of garbage and should fall on a knife.
    i dont get what you say about Jacobs, he doesnt always get the yards a 260 pound back should get but thats due to the defense not respecting mannings ability at all...Jacobs is an animal and runs with pure hatred.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You have to like it when you have a player that just plays with a chip on his shoulder. Jerome did that for a long time in his career, like he had something to prove when the Rams let him go. You get a guy focused like that and playing mean, he can be a beast!

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    i like Najeh as well, lets give him a year and see what he's got as solid number 2 back this year
    Dookie should hope that Hunt isn't drafted by us because he would flat out take the #2 spot from Davenport. Davenpot would probably start the year as the number 2 but before the year was over he would be the #3 IMO. As long as the coach is gonna be fair and play people according to performance there is no way that Davenport could outperform Hunt. Davenport isn't even a power back! Tomlin would not be able to help himself from promoting Hunt to the #2 because of the havoc he would be causing for opposing defenses. This is about who makes our team the best it can be and not about who we like the most isn't it?

2004 Penn State 2005 Penn State 2006 Penn State
    This is the best "big" back in the draft in terms of size, power and ability to carry the load (25 to 30 carries per game) on a consistent basis at the next level. He may lack ideal straight-line speed -- he'll likely run in the mid-4.5s --but he gets better throughout the game and can pound a defense for four quarters.
    Imagine playing this spread offense with 4 wide and either Willie or Tony as a single back running against 6 in the box. I smell a lot of 20+ yd running plays.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information