Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Size Sleeper

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    WHOOHOOOO!!!! Well I'll be damned. Let's hope he makes the squad.

lol thats crazy

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol thats crazy
    I guess thats why Tomlin also didn't address the Oline to much in this draft. This guy has the size to dominate thats for sure. But hey there are reasons he wasn't drafted. But its worth the risk to at least bring this guy in as a undrafted FA.

lol i want to know more....this is a tossup thing, but i mean if we signed him just like that...we mistve liked him all along

House of Steel
    Like I said, I would darn hope he makes the squad. This would be something to watch him man handle three guys all at once and couldn't move the mountain an inch.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    lol i want to know more....this is a tossup thing, but i mean if we signed him just like that...we mistve liked him all along
    I'm sure the Steelers had an interest all along. I'm just not expecting to much since he did go undrafted. Yes I know players like Rod Smith, Donnie Shell and Willie Parker were not drafted. But at the sametime I'm not going to get to excited about this guy yet. He has the size and potential so hopefully he becomes a player.

6-9 320 is ridiculous lol

Overview and Analysis

Capizzi transferred from Pittsburgh three years ago and since then has been one of the best linemen in the PSAC. He has been a starter since the spring of 2004. Capizzi earned All-PSAC honors each of the last two seasons and has All-America potential for this season. He is also the tallest player in the history of IUP and because of his size and athletic ability he has the attention of scouts. He has the potential to be a late 7th rounder or a PFA.

2005 Season

Started all 10 games at left tackle and was selected second team All-PSAC West for the second consecutive season.

2004 Season

Started all 10 games at split tackle...named second team All-PSAC West and was a second team All-Northeast Region selection by D2Football.com.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I guess thats why Tomlin also didn't address the Oline to much in this draft. This guy has the size to dominate thats for sure. But hey there are reasons he wasn't drafted. But its worth the risk to at least bring this guy in as a undrafted FA.
    He originally was at Pitt on an athletic scholarship and would have played for Pitt were it not for an underage drinking incident that got him kicked off the team. So he was playing Div I until his incident. Then he transferred to IUP which is not exactly the mecca for NFL talent. I'm rooting for the kid to make the squad. And remember that he is still growing into that frame. At 6'9 320 lbs is actually lean for that height. When he fills out in the next few years he could probably carry 350 without a problem.

Another plus for the kid is that he also played basketball and he says it has helped him a lot with his footwork. LT's need quick feet.
    Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 04-30-2007 at 12:29 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

with the right coaching he has the tools to be dominate

Starter
    the one disadvantage to size imo is that some really big guys may not have the best work ethic because they have managed to get by because of their size, just my

Thread Information