Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Size Sleeper

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

King Size Sleeper

The Steelers have been watching Jason Capizzi all season, and have not been disappointed.

Jason Capizzi might be the biggest sleeper prospect in draft history. He is the biggest player in IUP history, and the 6'9, 324-pounder easily caught the eye of the Steelers this past season as a D-2 All-American.

"From what I can tell, the Steelers are pretty interested," he said. "They had an individual meeting with me to see how much I know about football. I thought it went well. I'm a film rat. I love the game and I think I understand it pretty well. Their assistant offensive line coach was there and I think he was impressed."

Capizzi has been a lifelong Steelers fan. His father has had season tickets since Three Rivers Stadium opened in 1970, and Jason knows nothing would make his father more proud than to watch him play for the Steelers. Then again, Capizzi's played football in Western Pa. his entire life. A change of scenery might do him some good.
    This could be that sleeper pick that the Steelers land this year. What I didn't mention was that he played for Pitt at one point and after getting in trouble for an underage drinking incident, he was blackballed by the coach. He transferred to IUP the next year. The only other team who has shown interest in him so far besides the Steelers were the Eagles. He ran a 5.2 40, did 26 reps with his 34 inch arms. His hands measured 11.25 inches, which topped the largest hands at the combine by half an inch. Capizzi was a former basketball player which he credits for his excellent footwork. The dude could be a beast and he grew up a Steeler fan. Gotta love that! Oh yeah, he's a left tackle!

Last edited by BlackGold4vr; 04-03-2007 at 12:28 AM.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    wtf??? why would you want a 6'9 linemen??? ben is only 6'5, he ain't gonna be able to see of the big dude..................
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Gold Standard

It's called leverage!

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    wtf??? why would you want a 6'9 linemen??? ben is only 6'5, he ain't gonna be able to see of the big dude..................
    Most of the time an O-lineman is in a crouched position with his knees bent. With his incredibly large hands and long arms he would have a huge advantage with leverage over his opponents. Why do you think Joe Thomas is considered the best O-lineman in this years draft? Leverage. Joe T. is 6'6.5 and 310 lbs. At that height, 324 pounds isn't even a lot of weight. Haven't seen the guy but I'll bet he is on the lean side. He could probably carry another 25 pounds comfortably. How would you like to face off 60 times in a game with someone who is 6'9 and 350 pounds?
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

He's a BIG boy... I'd be willing to take a flyer on him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just tell him to count to 3 after the ball is snapped and then duck !

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Just tell him to count to 3 after the ball is snapped and then duck !
    That made me LOL ....I say if he is there in the later rounds take a shot I mean why not most of the time the 2nd day guys dont do squat anyways why not take a chance and he only got in trouble for underage drinking when he was over 18 , offtopic I still say you should be to drink legally at 18 .... you can vote , die for your country but you cant kick back a drink a brewsky or down a shot with them as well ...just isnt right in my eyes.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I dug this up on Capizzi.

Scouting Report
    Overview: Jason is a Pitt transfer who will be questioned thoroughly about his brief stay with the Panthers and his reasons for transferring to IUP. Jason Capizzi was named to American Football Coaches Association and Daktronics Division II All-America first team. Capizzi was also named to the Associated Press Little All-America second team, which encompasses Divisions II and III and the NAIA, and was a national finalist for the Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year award.

Strengths: Very tall. Packs a powerful punch when he connects. Decent in the run game. Has some tools to work with.

Weaknesses: Almost too tall. Loses his balance at times. Has a hard time getting back with speed rushers, even at the DII level. Misses too much. Work ethic is up and down.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    plus Ben, as we all know, is a righty, so when he takes his drop this guy is gonna be blocking the blineside of Ben. He will be forcing edge rushers up field like a good tackle should,essentially behind Ben. Look at Drew Brees, its all about passing lanes you dont have to be able to see over your o-linemen. This guys is a Beast my cousin worked out w/ this dude at IUP. My cousin is 6-5 300 and he said he was dwarffed by this dude. Plus in not a huge fan of Marvels pass blocking as of late (or Max for thaty matter) so any competition is good imagine having Max(playing to his potential) and this dude at Tackle. Talk about BOOKENDS!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Weaknesses
    : Almost too tall. Loses his balance at times. Has a hard time getting back with speed rushers, even at the DII level. Misses too much. Work ethic is up and down.
    That height could be such a dominating part of his game, if he can harness and use it to his advantage he'd be virtually a brick wall that no pass rusher could get by.

Gold Standard

Tremendous upside

I think the guy has got tremendous upside. You know that in 5 years this guy will have gained a ton of strength and put on some weight. So he could be a moving mountain for edge rushers to get around. And with those big paws of his, if he got his hands on ya, you aint goin nowhere! I also love that he grew up a Steelers fan, so putting on the black and gold uni would mean something to this kid. Won't be surprised at all if this kid is a late day 2 pick.

Thread Information