Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben should have gotten more time in the eagles game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Ben should have gotten more time in the eagles game

Cowher yanked him with 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I know he wants to see the young guys and all but you know Ben won't play much next week nor will most of the starters and yet we still only play him a quarter and a half ???

Cowher said he feels Ben doesnt need that much work but Im not so sure I agree with that anymore than Thiesman did. He made some good plays but he also overthrew some players and timing still needs work. I guess he wants to take it easy since the accident still and not push too hard???

I agree! Ben should have been in there until half time, ther is so much he could have worked. The no huddle offense, hooking up with the new rook receivers. I don't understand it, but I guess that's why I am at the computer and not on the sidelines

Ben looked OK to me, but not spectactular. He made some good plays but he also made some not so good ones. Cowher never plays the starters much but he usually gives them atleast a half in the 3rd game..I hope there isnt a conditioning issue when the regular season starts and these guys go from playing a few series to a full game !

Really, I think he's fine with what he's getting. He's a starter, of course, and we don't want to get him injured.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    Cowher yanked him with 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I know he wants to see the young guys and all but you know Ben won't play much next week nor will most of the starters and yet we still only play him a quarter and a half ???

Cowher said he feels Ben doesnt need that much work but Im not so sure I agree with that anymore than Thiesman did. He made some good plays but he also overthrew some players and timing still needs work. I guess he wants to take it easy since the accident still and not push too hard???

Maybe he wanted out? I read somewhere the guys only play if they say they are able. I hate to be doubtful but I am thinking Ben may have problems, hoping not but.........those damn commentators didn't help any!~
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would have liked Ben to have played more. But I think he is fine. Ben looked alot worse in last years pre-season and look how he played in the season. So Thiesman can take his little theory of Ben needing more time and shove it up his you know what. I can't stand Thiesman. They should have got rid of him like they did with the other that used to team with Thiesman.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree Ben did have some nice plays, but then other plays he showed I guess a little rust. He needs to knock that off before the regular season begins. I would have liked to have seen him play the whole first half. Hopefully next week he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32
    I would have liked Ben to have played more. But I think he is fine. Ben looked alot worse in last years pre-season and look how he played in the season. So Thiesman can take his little theory of Ben needing more time and shove it up his you know what. I can't stand Thiesman. They should have got rid of him like they did with the other that used to team with Thiesman.
    Awesome post, completely agree. I think Cowher knows what Ben is capable of a little better than Theisman does.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I had no idea ben suffers from some bouts of vertigo now and then and that the coaches watch him carefully...but he plays with more confidence then ever and save for alittle rust in his decision making and overthrows in the preseason he's looking good....still I just wish they' have let him play some more to help out. The OL wasnt holding contain very well so he might have been worried about all the hits Ben was taking...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree with you on the o-line BRC. I think they should have to play the whole next game after watching that!!....lol

Thread Information